Advice on Win7 AntiSpyware Setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Win8Pr0user04, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Win8Pr0user04

Win8Pr0user04 Registered Member

In Win7 Action Center I noticed under the 'antispyware programs installed" I have MSE (only one I have currently set to on), Windows Defender, and Comodo Defense+. My question is whether I should turn off MSE for antispyware protection and turn on one of the others, depending on which will give the best protection? Or could I turn on more than one like say MSE and Defense+; or will that cause conflicts? TIA.

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

If you have MSE turned on, you can safely turn off Windows Defender as both are from the same vendor. And if I am not wrong MSE turns off Windows defender. Have you manually turned it on? Comodo Defence+ offers non signature based (some whitelisting) protection and so not likely to conflict with MSE.

3. Win8Pr0user04

Win8Pr0user04 Registered Member

Yes when MSE is installed it turns off Windows Defender automatically. I haven't turned Windows Defender manually on, its currently disabled in my services. Thanks for the info on Defense+, I think Ill run it and MSE together for antispyware protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.