Advice on backing up programs?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by the Tester, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Tester,

I understand what you mean with "But I don't want to back up my system with a program installed that is damaged".
    But at the other hand: why not make that back-up now?
    You can always make another back-up when you've fixed that IE-issue. Well, just a thought ;)

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

FanJ.

I have it fixed now.I did think seriously about imaging without fixing IE6 though.
    When I get a few hours free time I'm going to image my program files.

Jayzzz and Krusty.
    I followed advice from some friends and what I ultimately had to do was a registry value change (RegEdit)and d/l and install IE6 SP1 from MS.
    After that I had to go to add/remove programs>IE6 SP1 and when I clicked it, I got an option to repair IE6 and reboot.That fixed the problem.
    With that problem behind me I won't be worrying about a corrupt program in my backups. ;)

3. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Good work Tester! :) .
    I was about to tell that but I thought you already knew it how to fix IE on control panel/add/remove programs. Sorry if it gave you an extra headache. Good work anyway !

Ari

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Krusty.

I heard that IE6 could be fixed via add/remove programs feature.
    That only works with IE6 SP1.
    I "passed on" that Windows Update download so I had the original IE6 that was pre-installed on my computer.
    That made things more frustrating.

Thanks Krusty.
    I had help though.I recieved some good guidance from a few well known experts,Tony Kline ,CNM and the crew at SWI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.