Advertisment on McAfee's site.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jadda, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Hi.

I was just looking at McAfee's site, and I saw some advertisment, that really don't belong at an antivirus vendor site. I haven't tried the link, so I don't know if they are McAfee's, but they really look suspicious. Are these McAfee's own products, or are it advertisment from Google?

What do you think?

Edit: Also, I apologize if the screenies are to big. If you want, I can take them down, and make them smaller.

Edit 2: I uploaded them on Imageshack instead:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4862/spillinnjq0.jpg

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1427/spillinnyyve6.jpg

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

They are (or at least claim to be) both like McAfee's partner. SiteAdvisor also rates the sites as green. Users have bad opinions about those, say that they are scams, but since they are McAfee resellers, Site Advisor rates them as green.

3. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

I'd not go as far as you have just gone (though I have no insider information) regarding this.

As a somewhat active participant in SA community I have observed lately something which can only be described as sluggishness. Obvious red sites that receive multiple credible comments from experienced reviewers are not rated for months (or are even rated green). There is also tendency for SA to miss completely when it comes to scam sites (for example rogue software), they tend to get yellow "spammy" rating nowadays.

So I'd not go as far as claiming they favour their own but rather saying they are (for the moment) NOT as accurate in some of their reviews as they perhaps once were.

4. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I didn't want to accuse anyone, just to report what the reviewers of the website think. I personally am for "No comment"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.