Advantage

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by chaos16, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Phant0m is correct . And time to simplify . LnS IS better in protecting an individual IF you know what you are doing . ZA is very good for a novice and gives adiquate protection . You chose Za . Go for it . You will find , however , from people who know that LnS IS a better protection . You like ZA and that is a big part of the battle right there . Take it and run . The more questions you ask , the more questions you will have . Trust me when I say that you have gotten all the IMPORTANT info needed to make a decision . Seriously . Good luck in your quest .

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

4. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Agreed. The sound should be disabled by default.

Hell yeah, if you've got the "magic" variety! ;) :cool: :D

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Actually if there is a lot of sounds, this is often caused by a bad configuration (especially the network interface not correctly selected). So the user needs to be alerted there is something wrong. Otherwise perhaps he will filter the wrong network interface and so not protected.

Normally with the standard ruleset, there is no reason to have a lot of alerts just after you installed Look 'n' Stop. If there is finally a reason, perhaps the sound should be removed only for the rule causing these alerts, if they are considered as normal.

Frederic

7. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I am not new to firewalls,antiviruses nor antispyware but i really like zonealarm for my computer its not slow i have a good computer.

I have an hardware firewall as well. so i have that for hackers mainly that better than any other software firewall.

i am a novice but still i like zonealarm. sry that u don't accept it Kush

8. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Then if this is all about ZA, you should carry on in the other firewalls forum as this is for LNS users support

9. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Thank you MickeyTheMan,I also told him the samething he just won't go way!,chaos16 please forget get about this thread it is for LnS,and you are making it into a Za zoo F_ _ _k fest! No hard feelings by the way I am not mad I am and easy going type of person,very laid back,so chaos16 please go on with your life and forget all about this bad dream!My God Man give it up! already please?S.V.P.,thank you I wish you all the best for you and your firewall chaos16 REALLY!Be happy! Life is to short to fight about this,take care!

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Since this thread IMHO, has run it's course and has pretty much turned into this against that , it is now closed.

As MTM said, any more firewall comparisons can be made in the Other Firewalls forum.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.