Advanced Uninstaller PRO is now FREE (!!)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ichito, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

http://www.innovative-sol.com/newsletters/120322.htm

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I got the regular version on my laptop. Good news to see this. :)

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It turns out that I had the free version already installed, I had no idea of this. But good to see the paid version is now free too.

I'll just point out that:

Revo Uninstaller does a much better job of finding leftovers for programs for which the install hasn't been monitored - however the free version is not compatible with 64 bit Windows versions.

The registry cleaners gives false positives - making it unsafe to use, unless you actually manually verify every found registry error. It really is quite astounding to me that 99% of registry cleaners give false positives - I mean how hard is it to actually test a program properly before releasing it.

Considering that soon I'm going to switch from 32 bit to 64 bit Windows 7 and do an in-place upgrade to keep all my current programs I have installed. I'm sure I will have a use for this.

I have the paid version of DriverMax also from Innovative Solutions and it works well.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I think it says more about how complex the registry is.

If you're saying that you currently run Windows 7 32 bit and want to change to Windows 7 64 bit I don't believe you will be able to do that "in place".

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Uninstalled free and got this one. :)

6. roger_m

You can't do with with Windows iteslf, but you can with Laplink PCmover.

http://www.laplink.com/media/articles/awards_0085.html

I'm now sure how well this works, but I do want to try it to find out. I had some a serious issue after moving a few programs from an old Windows 7 install to my current one a while back. PCmover added large amounts of unneeded registry data to my registry. It may have even trasferred the whole software section from the old Windows 7 install - I never actually checked this but it is possible. My PC was rather sluggish after using PCmover, and this was suprisingly fixed by cleaning the registry. I'm guessing if I transfer every single program from my current Windows to a new install of Windows it will work better.

7. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Will I have any problems if I install Advanced Uninstaller Pro on my computer being that I have REVO Pro already installed? Would you recommend that I do so? Thanking you very much for your reply.

John

8. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I tried this and found it continued running in the background using excessive memory....is this normal? Finally, I uninstalled it and my memory use improved back to 0 to 3 percent where it usually is. Not sure what is going on with it, but I didn't like the results.

9. roger_m

You can have both installed, but you should check the settings and have the installation monitor (which keeps a track of any changes made when you install software) on enabled for one of them.

10. Hi JohnBurns,

about the memory usages "0 to 3 percent" that sounds more like a CPU is it?
    I'm keener on CPU usage than the memory.

Currently, Your Unin-staller and ZSoft Uninstaller installed on my machine. In fact, as you aforementioned of memory usage then I want to give it a try. I'm looking for the replacement for Your Unin-staller.

Regards,

traveller

11. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Nice to see, thanks.

12. mantra

mantra Registered Member

great news :thumb:
    thanks a lot !

may i ask a question ? does it feature a real time scan for registry and files? like revo pro or total uninstaller?

but do i need a serial ? should i ask a serial via email?

i downloaded it from downlod.cnet

Advanced_Uninstaller10.exe
    Code:
    MD5: 0ACDF4CFA616E4D77D0165F453062AEC
    Code:
    SHA-256:898559EAEAE02BFE9949ED5D3BD78B05B9603B538CFF739246D3A80E551E1ADE

thanks

13. roger_m

Yes.

You need no serial number to use this. While in this case download.com have the current version, it is better to download software from the author's websites as downloads on download.com are often outdated versions.

14. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Actually NO, it doesn't feature a real time scan for registry and files like revo pro, it makes a system snapshot before install, then you install the software, then it makes another after-install snapshot..
    So, its not realtime like Revo Pro.

15. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

You are correct - it is CPU usage. I found Advanced Installer running in Task Manager constantly which concerned me.

16. I found it does use excessive memory, I'll pass on this free or not.

17. I would not like it, too. I think I'll stick to my current setup. Thanks for your input though.

18. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks for posting this.
    I really like the free version so I'm definitely getting the Pro version.:)

19. layman

layman Registered Member

It'll be there only if you installed it to load on startup. No surprise, that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.