ADSL2 (Super Fast Internet)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Here in Australia, we have just been introduced to ADSL2, a vastly more excellerated form of ADSL Broadband. I just signed up for this last week, and after a 3 day waiting period, Today I finally got to see what all the fuss was about, and I can tell you I'm really Impressed Normally on ADSL1 the maximum download speed averaged a top out at 163kbps aproximately 1.5Mbps with an upload speed of 256kbps, resulting in an average size file of 25MB to take an estimated 2 minutes to download. With this ADSL2 I downloaded the same file, and WOW! :cool: 796Mbps 25MB in 12 seconds with the Maximum speed of ADSL2 being a massive 20000/1000kbps or an equivilant of 8MBps :blink: This is available with Telstra, for those of you who are located in Australia, and I highly recommend the upgrade to ADSL2 heres what Telstra had to say about their Speed Plans:

http://my.bigpond.com/internetplans/...nd/adsl/plans/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  2. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

It really is nice, isn't it. :) I'm not australian but I've had ADSL2 for a year or two now. Though distance and copper quality prevents me from getting much above 14Mbit it's still pretty sweet.

If money's no objective, the area I live in just got upgraded with fiber. That provider offers 50Mbit down / 25 up. That's just getting silly. I'm sticking with my cheap (by comparison) adsl2+ for now.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I´m feel so bad :(. A 10 Mbps up/down(fiber of course, here ADSL stops at 2,5 Mbps/256 Kbps) would cost 350 USD :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.