Ads

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by FluxGFX, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Well I can say that Opera is a good choice, has in the email program included in opera, I wouldnt be able to say anything about it cause I dont use it. I use pocomail ;)

2. peakaboo1

peakaboo1 Guest

Well my first post using Opera.

Can't figure out yet how to signon to Wilders yet with my regular id & pass.

I must have one of my settings wrong.

So far I like Opera. Takes some getting used to though.

Got my filter.ini up and runnig, and only getting solid Banner to Buy Opera (keeping my fingers crossed on blocking other ads).

Noticed also unless I can tweak settings that this browser is defeated by the force Iframes exploit @ malware.com. When I tested it, I got 1 window which allowed me to cancel download, but it froze big time. No multiple windows but had to shut down pc to clear :mad:

definite dump on Netscape, but will keep IE around a bit longer.

3. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

User error on my part logging in.

Initially I was trying to short cut my password entry instead of typing in (so much for that).

With Opera & logging in it's as simple as using wand and cntrl+enter to login.

Wonder if there is any exploit possible to burrow thru the Opera browser & steal wand managed passwords. Time will tell. Oh well for now hold the wand for me till I build some time with this neat little browser. :D

4. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

I disabled inline frames under page style and Opera defeated the malware test. :cool:

5. pin

pin Registered Member

bfilter is a nice free proxy:

http://bfilter.sourceforge.net/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.