Adobe/Secunia Problem?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Java/Secunia Problem?

I am receiving this when I attempt to access Secunia:

NeedHelp.jpg

My operating system is Windows XP Pro, SP3. For java I have installed jre-6u24-windows-i1586. According to what I can find that is supposed to be the latest java version. I visit the Secunia website at least on a weekly basis and I have never had any problems until yesterday. Anyone have any idea what this is?

As always I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. jpcummins

Re: Java/Secunia Problem?

Someone? Anyone? Hazard a guess, something would be better than nothing. I have no idea but then I don't have that much experience.

John

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm not understanding something. Did you run Secunia online service to check for outdated applications? It requires Java, and that message appeared?

4. jpcummins

mOOnblOOd,

That is exactly what happened. I access Secunia OSI at least once a week looking for updates.

Do you know if jre-6u24-windows-i586.exe is a 32 bit or 64 bit file. When I go to java.com and let the website check to see if I have the right version it indicates I do. I am able to access other websites that require java, example: US Time Clock

I have asked for help on the Secunia forum but so far I have struck out.

It appears that an "OCSP Responder" checks the certificate for accuracy. I did find that out. But other than that I am at a complete loss.

Thanks very much for replying.

John

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

John, that exe is 32-bit. The 64-bit is jre-6u24-windows-x64.exe. Just FYI.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm not that much into Java, as I do not use it, and therefore I never felt compelled to know exactly how it treats Java applets. But, from the image you provided, my very wild guess is that Secunia's Java applet is not digital signed... or not part of Java's known publishers (If it has such list?).

Basically, Java is letting you know that Secunia's Java applet isn't signed (or isn't part of its known list of trusted publishers, if it has such list), and therefore is treating it as unknown code and restrict its action in the system.

But, you say it hasn't happened before, so my guess is as blind as yours, and only Secunia would be able to provide a proper answer why it's happening, if the problem is on their side.

Maybe someone else will shed a few more lights on it, and report if they have the same problem.

-edit-

It could also be some problem in the way Secunia's service lets Java known its signed o_O

7. jpcummins

This morning everything is back to the way it should be. I believe mOOnblOOd was right and that my problem had something to do with the certificate. I try to keep my programs up to date and hated to think that I would no longer be able to access Secunia. I want to thank everyone who tried to help me.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.