Adobe Reader / Adobe Acrobat Multiple Vulnerabilities

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

SECUNIA

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

how do you update it? should it update when you click on updates? mine does nothing, no FW prompt, nothing. i took out alot of registry enteries earlier today that i hoped werent needed and i dont want to put them back unless i have to. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. dog

dog Guest

Hi Ice, ;)

Select the about option from the tab you have showing in your screen shot ... it may have already auto updated ... and if you already had FW rules configured you wouldn't even have noticed it.

My Adobe Acrobat is showing 6.02.

Also if you don't have the Update you can DL it from Adobe Here --> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp (The Forth one down) 6.03 English for Windows

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2004
  5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks Ron and Dog. the splash screen says 6.02 the about tab says 6.0 o_O stupid thing. im not going to worry about it. ive got too many other computer problems already to start with this. thanks for the help :)

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I think I'll wait a while before updating acrobat reader.

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I haven't been able to update Adobe from 6.0 at all. I click the update and nothing at all happens (same as iceni60) I have the program installed to open Adobe without the splash screen as it loads much faster and wonder if this is why I cannot use the internal updater o_O There is no indication of anything downloading at all.

I think you have to uninstall and then install the new one if it can't be done from the updater but like nadirah I will wait before doing this. I searched their forum last night and noted one too many install errors/slowdowns which I certainly do not want to see :( I still haven't found out why the internal updater does not work now o_O

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

It worked for me Iceni....there's a couple of unimportant ones there which I won't worry about. As I recall, mine actually prompts me when there are updates!
    Buck.

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

nothing ever asks me if it can update o_O and i dont have rules to block them either, i like to let things access the internet manually. i just recently took jusched out of startups, then tried updating manually, that was the first time it had ever asked for access to the internet. i wont hold my breath waiting for it to ask :D im not too worried, it's only ever launched when i click on a link not knowing it's a PDF, which i shutdown straight away. :) thanks, Buck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.