Adobe Flash ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MICRO, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Go with Franks advice - it's relatively current and appears to have done the deed. I'd suggest you stick to the manual dwnld.

Update: Check (drag-n-drop) install_flash_player.exe's md5 ==> 7a00f09fd89cf49cf3ff4ef2e828adec

In addition, make certain Firefox exits before the install. Assure this by opening Task Manager and killing off any instance.

*As you may have guessed, these are the files and their (Win XP) default installation directory after a successful run.

install_details.gif

Assuming you're administrator, I'd like you to include whether the account you log in with is passworded?

PS - After installing 3.5.6 and failing a first time due to a corrupt dwnld, she went off without a hitch.

PSS - Yes, as to the top here I recall ;) you mentioning. I'm think'in it might not hurt to reload FF.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Past deeds tell me it's that you have a very big heart GF, rather than being a glutton for punishment re. these sagas', or else it must be that you have a terrific sense of humour.

I thought, or hoped, I would never hear the name 'Adobe' again when years ago I gave their 'reader' the big A, but it's like Karma has caught up with me yet again re. their Flash fiasco.
    It should be a very simple download and install as with any other App. on the planet, Oh!, wait a minute, I forgot, there's that other total fiasco to straightforwardly download and install, Sun Java.
    And might as well complete the trilogy there's dear M$, OMG !
    the Critical Updates alone are about 5 times the size of the original App.

Ah ! but each of these Apps. were probably manufactured by firms in outer Mongolian mountain provincial areas, Wrong, Wrong - I am just glad none of the three built my Shack.

Where I am upto is that I have just been to the 'Test' page with only IE running and luckily it reiterates that I have 10.0.45.2 installed and shows the
    White F in the Red square effing about with it's animated dance - that's good.

So I close IE, clean the cache and history etc and open FF, return to the 'Test' page where it checks and says 10.0.45.2 'IS' installed, but I wait for the White F to begin dancing about and it doesn't,
    just a White F with a Red outline around it and NO Red square,
    a stationary F - that's bad.

The MD5 you show is totally different to either of mine for Flash.

Give it up GF, give it up, with good wishes and kind regards due to you, I'm going to get hit and missed and forget again that I ever heard the name Adobe.

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Go to Adobe web page and download their uninstall flash program, run it and reinstall Flash again. If that does not work, it is NOT Flash's fault but your FF may be corrupted in some ways.:rolleyes:

You should be reminded that most of us here run Flash WITHOUT any problems in IE, FF, Chrome, Opera.....etc.:cool:

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

"Houston, we've got a problem" - one I'll enlighten you to in pm. Hang in there, we ain't done yet!

========================

Open FF ==> about:config in the address bar ==> plugin as filter ==> rt-clk, toggle true.

about.config_plugin.path.gif

Close FF, re-open ==> about:plugins will show the path when properly installed.

with_flash_installed.gif

Again, no md5 match - no progress.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@MICRO

Did you get it sorted ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.