Adobe Flash Player 10 script problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RCGuy, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I don't know if anyone else here uses the Pandora Internet Radio site, but usually, after playing their radio for a while, I usually get an 'Adobe Flash Player 10 script problem' dialog box message.

Does anyone know what causes this and how it can be corrected?

Attached Files:

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Several options:

Very slow processor/graphics card.
    Badly coded flash.
    Both.

Finally, you might be using a security product that sandboxes some of the plugin functionality, causing it to fail or run slowly, for example, no hardware acceleration when it expects one and so forth.

Mrk

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Thank you for your reply, Mrkvonic. Also, what did you mean when you said that I may be using a product that sandboxes some of the plugin functionality? As you probably noticed from my screen shot, the Pandora site wasn't sandboxed by sandboxie, therefore, were you referring to another security product that may have been sandboxiing some of the plugin functionality?

Also, how can I check to see whether or not I have a very slow processor/graphics card and/or a badly coded flash?

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Flash you can't. Hardware, what specs you got there?
    As to security products, you know what's running on your box - hopefully.
    Mrk

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Okay, I think that I may have found the specs for the graphic card from a program called Everest, however, it doesn't exactly mention the graphic card, but mentions other items that may be equivalent to the graphic card that I am not sure about.

Therefore, if you don't mind giving me a hand with this, I would really appreciate it.

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

RCGuy, perhaps GPU-Z (no installation required) will provide the graphics card info you are seeking.

For overall CPU specs, try CPU-Z (zip, no installation) as well. Just FYI.

8. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Thank you for your help, JRViejo. Also, the GPU-Z dialog box had it's own built-in screen capture. :D

Attached Files:

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

RCGuy, you're welcome! Yes, that's a great feature of GPU-Z. Maybe now Mrkvonic can give you more help knowing that info. Take care.

10. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Are you running the most recent version of Flash 10? (10.2.152.32)

If not, install it and see if that fixes the problem.

11. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I don't know. It appears that Mrkvonic has found better things to do. :rolleyes:

12. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I probably am because I always try to keep up with the updates and all. However, I'm not at home right now, therefore, I cannot, although, more than likely I am.

Also, thanks ABee and JRViejo for taking an interest in the problem that I'm having.

13. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Here's the thing, yeah, your graphics chip is very old at this point, but, that's very unlikely your real issue. I have seen that dialog box before many times (on good hardware), and it's always on the same handful of websites. I also have never seen it outside of IE...ever. Try running Pandora in another browser, if you have one. If you still see it, my bet is on bad coding, and not really the player itself.

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

RCGuy, in your first post's image, I see that Pandora is being accessed with IE's InPrivate Browsing feature enabled. Have you tried Pandora in normal browsing mode and does the same thing happens?

In your Blue Screen Memory Dump thread, you state that the PC has 512 MB of RAM. In your image, I see 3 IE tabs open plus Windows Media Player. You could be maxing out your PC's RAM capabilities. Have you thought about adding more RAM?

15. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I just installed 10.2 this evening, although, I've also implemented some of the other mentioned suggestions....and so far so good. But I need to let the player run a little while longer to see if the problem has been resolved. :D

16. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, I downloaded the SRWare Iron broswer, but after around 50 minutes, I got the same dialog box again, therefore, it must be the bad coding. But could you explain to me what bad coding is?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  17. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Yes and yes.

Most definitely, but right now I'm trying to find the best price for more memory sticks and figure out how many more would be sufficent.

Also, I've never fooled around in a computer before, but I think that I read once that the memory sticks were pretty easy to put it. ....Or should I let someone who really knows what they're doing install the sticks? :D

18. sbseven

sbseven Registered Member

If you're running with just 512MB RAM you should perhaps expect some problems, as you're not meeting the minimum spec for Pandora Radio: http://blog.pandora.com/faq//contents/40.html. Regarding the bad coding (if it is that), this would be a script that is running for more than 15 seconds without releasing control. The error message you see will be thrown at that point. The script could possibly be restuctured to avoid that situation.

Within this FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/contents/515.html, Pandora suggest the following as a possible mitigation. Would it help you?
    I think my advice is that you may need more RAM...

19. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

RCGuy, more than likely, you can replace them yourself. Here is a general guideline: How To Install Memory (see installing a 184-pin RIMM).

Your eMachines T3512 probably has 2 banks of 256 MB memory now, for a total of 512 MB RAM. Replacing them with 2 - 512 MB modules (1 GB RAM Total) would be sufficient for that 5 year old XP machine. Check out Newegg and for less than $50 for two, you can't go wrong!

20. sbseven

sbseven Registered Member

Worth opening up the PC to check before you order, as it could also have 1 x 512MB.

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Excellent point sbseven! :thumb:

22. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Sorry about taking so long to get back to this thread, but RE: post #18, 19, and 20....thanks! :thumb:

23. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Actually, I followed these instructions and found out it was 2 x 512MB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.