Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jnull, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnull

jnull Registered Member

My NOD32 Antivirus (old vesion) expired so I've downloaded the "Smart" Security package and installed it. Found it not to be too 'smart' in doing it's job via the firewall side of things! And, on top of that I support 65 web sites and Dreamweaver won't sync/publish at all. When I turn off the firewall all is good. I do have Dreamweaver in the list of good programs but still seems to not be too 'smart'.

I've been a long time many years customer of NOD32 -- have multiple installs all over the country ... I would hate to change because of this.

On top of that, emails I've sent to the 'support email' link since Friday have gone unanswered. In the past I got replies always in less than 24 hours.

So what's up --

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you switch to interactive mode where you can allow all necessary connections? If you don't like interactive mode, just switch to the policy-based mode after the desired rules have been created and enable the following general rules:
    1, block all outbound traffic
    2, allow initiated inbound traffic

Once done, the firewall will work like in automatic mode while applying the rules you have created.

3. jnull

jnull Registered Member

Yes, I am in interactive mode and like it nicely ... like knowing the details of what's happening. Still no success with Dreamweaver being able to sync/publish ... it just hangs out there trying.

4. falke69

falke69 Registered Member

Hallo jnull,

the problem is not in ESS.

In Dreamweaver you have to configure it to act passive as an browser if you connect via FTP to your homepage. At the moment I cannot tell you the correct name for this option because I am not at my home office.

I had the same problem and solved it in this way.

Hope this answer is useful for you.

5. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi

Also, check that you haven't enabled active mode in HTTP protection for Dreamweaver. That prevented me from uploading using FTP (in Dreamweaver) for some reason.

6. jnull

jnull Registered Member

I know exactly where that setting is in Dreamweaver for passive FTP ...adjusting that setting and things work perfectly! I am so appreciative of your help as I was about to throw in the towel on ESS. I'll need to do that for each of my sites. So very very pleased -- thank you thank you!:thumb: :thumb:

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

passive ftp is almost always in used with low-end routers anyway. Firewalls generally force passive FTP as to use active the router/firewall must allow altering of the port, which is a headache from what I understand.

8. jnull

jnull Registered Member

Trial Period

My NOD32 subscription expired. I downloaded Smart Secuirty in trial mode and have been running it for two days. I had to come to the forum to find out how to make Dreamweaver work with this product. My system has completely slowed down. I am doing multiple re-boots. All things that have occurred since installing this product. I have now removed it from my computer and am off to using Bit Defender. Too bad, previous products were great with no problems, support was great. But something is now different with eset as I've never heard from their support department on 3 different submission, and their product ... well it's just not 'smart'. I don't have time or money to waste on products that don't work.

9. Sokoli_Vj

Sokoli_Vj Registered Member

Hello Guys!!!
    How are you?
    I am just new here with lot of questions XeXe:rolleyes: :D :-*
    Here is my 1 problem....

i have the same problem like milton here ,
    and still have the same problem :'( :doubt: :'(
    Can anyone show me exactly what to do at Personal Firewall in Advance options or/and to uTorrent or somewhere else :doubt: ,please?
    And sorry if i post in a wrong Threat.....
    Thanks for your time ;) :p :p

Sokoli_Vj™

PS:My MSN is sokoli_Vj@hotmail.com !!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.