@Administrators

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Kees1958, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Please create a non-post possible group in the new members forum on applications (like Diamond) which are not hosted anymore plus the reason.

It may prevent posts like this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=232966

I also wonder why ewido is still hosted, as the company and its application are incorporated in AVG now

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Kees1958,

I really don't understand your request.
    Do you think the "locks" on the forums are not clear enough?
    Or do you want to forbid people asking questions about software that is no longer officially represented at this forum?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We have formal announcements in the top forum section for each vendor that has come and gone from Wilders Security. The forum sections themselves show locks, as Pieter mentioned, as well as having linked closure messages, or at least the word "closed" in their descriptions.

Questions about their products are allowed in the appropriate general software sections following the closure of a vendors forum section. While we've currently had more than enough speculative threads asking about the DCS company, such that we close them now (at least until something signifcant changes), technical questions about the products are still allowed.

The ewido forums have locks and also a closure announcement as the last post made in those sections, which is also linked from a placeholder in the Announcements section. The word "closed" is in the forum descriptions. I haven't yet moved the ewido forums into the archive category, since those were only closed about 3 weeks ago, but I will do that in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.