Administrator Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have a home built system with Win.7 64bit. I have some questions as to Administrator and user profiles. I originally set it up with me as Admin. Then my wife decided she wanted it. (I was actually building it for her anyway) So if you go into Control Panel it shows her as Administrator. But every once and a while when trying to do something it will say you have to be running as Administrator. Now when I looked in the User Profiles it shows a Default profile and then a profile with her name and mine together. It is running on the default profile. I am confused. One of the reasons I am asking this ,I am trying to reinstall Office 2010. Microsoft has a web site the tells you how to remove the Office. I have done it all but it won't let me re-install.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. WilliamP

I have the Original DVD and also one of those downloads. When I try to load it it says an error has occurred.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. WilliamP

I have run everything on that website. On the second web site you listed is Fixit which is one of the steps on the first web site. And I still can't get it to load. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have Win.7 64bit and Office was 32bit. But Office had been working for 2 years. I started all this because Office wouldn't accept Microsoft updates. Now I have nothing. And my wife is going to kill me. It is her computer and she needs Excel.

6. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

I assume you tried System Restore to a point before your uninstall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.