Administrative update on win9x-XP machines

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Kevin, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin

Kevin Registered Member

I'm trying to set up a NOD directory on the server in a mixed windows environment. NOD does not run on the server. We have several win98+Me machines as well as NT/2k/xp workstations. The administrative documents are fairly clear about setup for one environment or the other but my administrative workstation is a win98 machine. Without installing NOD on a win2k machine as an administrative version, how do I update the win2k users?

Kevin

Deleted me tags

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Kevin,

sorry for the "beta-caused" delay.

>NOD does not run on the server.

Pls. describe closer. Have you tried to install NOD (admin. version) on your win98 administrative workstation?

All the best, :)

jan

3. Kevin

Kevin Registered Member

Jan,
    Thanks for replying. Yes, I have a win98 workstation set up as the NOD administrator. The update files for other windows 98 workstations post to the correct directory on the server just fine. However, I can't seem to locate the win2k update files that are needed for the win2k workstations. As a point of clarification, we are not running NOD on the server itself.

Kevin

4. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Kevin,

>I can't seem to locate the win2k update files that are needed for the win2k workstations.

Do you have (on the machine where you've created mirror) - in the Control Center>Mirror Setup>in the "Available versions" window checked both versions:

- NOD32 for Windows 98/... and
    - NOD32 for Windows NT/..... ?

Cheers,

jan

5. Kevin

Kevin Registered Member

Jan,

Sorry for the delay. Because I had to get this client up and running, we were forced to shift to running the administrative version of NOD on a little used server. It's running fine but there are some interesting side issues. As it's a different topic, I'll start a new thread.
    As to your question, yes, I did have both selected but they weren't available. I'm assuming the problem was due to issues between Win2k security and win98.
    Thanks!

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.