~Admin Team~ My Application

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by dog, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

ROTF ... Four legged creatures are sneaky little devils ... Our's threaten to call the Human Society if the don't get what they want. They're always muttering about having that darn number stored on speed dial. :p :blink: :ninja:

I knew you were teasing ;)

Hmmm ... I got an anonymous email - devoid of headers .... the message was only one word o_O

Rejected!

Wonder what the heck that means? :p And I wonder who sent it? :D

~Puppy~

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

gun-free eh? I happen to be the proud owner of a Maadi MISR amongst many tohers, my chump-changed mange-infested friend :cool:

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

oh, BTW - REJECTED! :D

4. dog

dog Guest

At least I now know who sent the email. :D

~Good I +must+ be still under consideration ... Thanks Detox ... Just as I was beginning to believe the message~ :D

..::I'm still in the running::.. :p

LOL ... Just Wilders' is a gun free zone :p ... I might own a couple of finely crafted tools outside of here. :ninja: Who knows :doubt: :ninja:

^_^

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

sure but I'm still pretty sure the whole "mange" thing throws you pretty far "off-center" so to speak.

6. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

now there, all those great little animations and I cant' even log in to this other damn site I need to just by submtting my name under even looser conditions than I am now, what the hell?

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Hi Dog, you're already a Guard Dog, right? If you want to get even with Mr Blackspear, when you see him, just jump up to him, open your big mouth and bite him in the ***!!! That's the :cool: advantage of being a Guard Dog!!! :D

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

*sells dog to some cheap circus ringmaster* o_O

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Now this wouldn't be a challenge would it ;) :D

:D :D :D

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

oooooop - it would appear MR. Black-n-Blue has arrived :cool:

11. Blackspear

I'm here Mr Tox, just been a wandering :D

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Dog,

You are security. "Guard dog on duty". You control what happens. If you dont give these people clearance, they cant work!

Some people dont realise how important a security officer is! Use this power of yours, dog!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Firecat

13. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... I'm powerless. ;) I'm just a (proud) member like you, not any different or more special than any other member. LOL ... OK, I'm a ~little~ different (strange) :p :D -But I don't have any special privileges or anything different from you-

I guess I have developed some special friendships with Wilders' Team Members & regular members, which I highly regard & treasure. There's a lot of very special people here, and I'm very honoured to be apart of this boards efforts. It's a wonderful community.

To me this place is my home. ;) I don't participate at any other boards really ... although I am member of many, and I do lurk elsewhere, on the quest of knowledge. But truthfully I think WIlders' is the best ... any help needed can be gained here, and it's not just help, it's the best help. Just look at the Team and you can see the quality ... Titles aren't given out freely ... for example the "Expert" title is simply that, these people are "Experts" ... Consider their word as gospel. Without rambling to much further in this regard ... Look at the forums ... they feature the best software of each category. Excuse the expression, but Paul & Mike really know their sh!t. ;)

Sorry I rambled a ~little~ OT there. In short, I care about this place as if it were mine. Which I guess isn't really that different from many other members. Some are simply here to participate, or to give/get help, and then there are a few special people, who deeply care ... I'm just one of them, and I don't think it's a secret that I feel this way.

LOL ... I forgot the topic now ... so I'll shut up. :blink:

Regards,

Steve

14. Blackspear

15. Firecat

I too am a member of three forums, but Wilders' the only one I take active part in...Why? Because its my virtual home...I love this place.

Have a great day :)

Firecat

16. dog

dog Guest

NO ~Please~ I Give ... I Give ... I Give ... U ... N ... C ... L ... E :D

17. Blackspear

But you can never give a Dog too much Love ;) :D

18. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... I long for the day that thread makes it to the archives. :D

19. Blackspear

Oh no, you love that thread, how could you want it to be archived, what fun would that be. No fun at all I say.

20. dog

dog Guest

Oooooooooo P ... I ... X ... E ... L ... !!! :D

21. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) The dog has summed up my feelings about this place an people better than the Wildman could have done himself. I, like many of you have found this place to be a true treasure. You get a scratch behind the ears an belly rub from me dog.

Thanks
    wildman
    :-*

22. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

same here Wildman :)

23. dog

dog Guest

Hi Firecat, ;)

While that is a nice gesture. Thank you. :) Wilders' doesn't work that way. Wilders' is very highly regarded in the security community, and any decision in these regards is considered with great care. Titles aren't handed out freely here, these people are really knowledgeable in their fields (referring to "Expert" titles etc.). It has to be this way to maintain that high regard. Mike & Paul (the co-owners of Wilders') and the other administrators on the Team, have never made a bad decision, because they do proceed cautiously, and fully examine the ramifications of any possible changes. Their insight is truly quite remarkable.

While Global Moderators aren't experts per say, their duty to the board is very important, as they are the guardians of the "Spirit" of Wilders', maintaining those high standards. It's a very delicate position to perform, and one needs the right personality tools to do it effectively. Not only does one have to be fairly knowledgeable, intelligent, observant, and have good people/communication skills but they also have to be a bit of a psychologist too.

With that said, those performing these functions currently, all excel at what they do and are all excellent choices. If the Admin Team every considers me for a position, I would of course be honoured, regardless if or if not an offer was extended. I'm honoured to be Wilders' "Official" Guard dog ... which was ~Un-Official~ until Mike kindly sanctioned it. ~Thanks Mike~

Warm Regards,

Steve

Ps. Please don't anyone reply/sign the Letter above as Wilders' Internal issues aren't discussed publicly, and if the discussion continues down this path this thread will be closed.

24. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I hardly know the Dog, but, already I love his posts, sarcasm and humor. He gets my vote for Admin. Could always revoke him to a temporary title of humility if he abused the power of the force. :D Something like BlackSpears slave dog :D *runs and hides* :p

25. Firecat

OK Dog,

I deleted the post so no one can have this thread closed. But I sincerely feel that you have all the qualities required to become a Mod :)

Firecat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.