Adlice Diag - New Diagnostic Tool

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tarnak, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

2. lucd

lucd Registered Member

I am not sure if buying this or roguekiller antimalware, I mean you can't find all the malware by looking at WMI subscriptions, autoruns etc since advanced malware will hide anyway or just avoid diagnostic tools and sleep or autodelete values: one of many examples is Andromeda -
    "Andromeda under the microscope" by avast (granted it would modify registry to set proper “Hidden” and “ShowSuperHidden” values)., I believe roguekiller checks all that stuff for you: registry and whatnot so in theory I don't need this product

whats the difference between paid and non paid (helper tools what are they)? does it let you perform some dangerous tweaks like uninstalling drivers or kill some files protected by TrustedInstaller like PC Hunter can? I need powerful tools like gmer or PC Hunter which are outdated or this programme is more similar to process hacker that would allow to display but not to modify too much

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

4. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

That is just 0,001% of all malware. The immense majority of them use autoruns, WMI or other startup entries because they have no other choice.
    For the rest, there's the Antirootkit module ;)

5. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

The best I'd say is to try for yourself, you will see what's licensing-blocked and what's not.
    Diag is a diagnostic tool, RogueKiller is a malware protection. Diag doesn't protect, it comes AFTER the malware is installed to help finding it and removing it.

Helper tools are for now not very furnished. More will come, but it's definitely not the reason why you would buy it.
    Diag was done the way most of the useful features are FREE, so that everyone can get free help on forums for a removal
    However companies using it to help their client must buy a license. If you are an individual, just get the free version unless you want to show support

6. B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/ Registered Member

PCHunter is not outdated but the latest FREE version is 1.5.6. From 1.5.7 the tool will be maintained by Anxinsec and will not be free. However there is one free alternative - Windows-Kernel-Explorer

But you can't really compare these tools. Each have their advantages and disadvantages. Diag will help you find if your system is malware free by scanning most used malware loading points and let you remove them, while PCHunter (and other ARK based tools) will help you delete stubborn entries and find rootkit activity on the system. I don't see a reason why you should not use them both. They complement each other.

7. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

8. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Exact.

9. chris46

chris46 Registered Member

This blue-screened my win10 0S a short while ago ,error on blue screen was something like this : APC_INDEX.MISMATCH

10. chris46

chris46 Registered Member

Won't be trying this Diag program again ,too risky even though i'd like to know what caused it.

11. B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/ Registered Member

Could be a hardware issue or a driver issue. Do you see any dmp files in C:\Windows\Minidump? If so you can zip and upload them to a hosting service and post a link here. If Diag is the culprit I am sure they can help Tigzy to fix the issue in the next releases.

12. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

13. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Did you try to run without the Antirootkit ? That could be a hint of what's going on. Also if you can send the minidump to us that'll shed some lights.

14. imdb

imdb Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.