Adlice Diag - New Diagnostic Tool

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tarnak, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I saw this tool mentioned in another forum. And, I gave it a run....

Just curious to see if any members at Wilders' have tried it.

Attached Files:

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Adlice Diag_After First Quick scan_detections_01.JPG The results of the first quick scan showed eight problems, only. :) But, I have chosen to remove nothing, because they may be false positives. Also, I might bork my system, if I did remove. :(

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The startup entry is for Webroot, so you shouldn't disable it. I'm not too sure about the DNS entries, it found some on my computer too. The desktop entries shouldn't be anything to worry about. The HideDesktopIcons registry keys are used for adding icons to the desktop.

Not everything it finds will be an actual problem.

I installed this last night and started a second scan today. The scan appeared to have frozen after running for some time. I opened Task Manager and is was using 4GB of RAM (not so good on a system with 8GB of RAM), so I terminated its process.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Tarnak Also,this will be of help.
    https://www.adlice.com/documentation/diag/documentation/

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@roger_m

I was trying to post my reply a short time ago, when I got your PM alert. But, I ran into the dreaded where you can't enter any text in the address bar or note pad, etc. I had to reboot, and now, I can make a reply. :)

I wasn't concerned about Webroot because I have been a beta tester with them for years, since the beginning. :)

Thanks for the other information in your follow up post, too. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.