Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. avatar

No, it's blocked by spyware/tracking filter. You can enable it during program setup or in Adguard's settings.

2. Alhaitham

Alhaitham Registered Member

That's great news

3. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Adguard is running at an amazing 35MB of ram usage today - with CleanMem maintaining it's memory.

I will setup a box using adguard without CleanMem to try and reproduce the huge memory consumption issue. In my haste, I tried to eliminate it without actually taking steps to isolate the problem first. <sigh> So I will work to try to get the problem back, then track down the issue.

Installing the Firefox Extension ASAP.

4. avatar

Doc, check out the latest beta-version please. We've done some memory optimization so your issue may be gone.

5. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I will update it, and drop off CleanMem, and examine the process for a couple of days. Thank you.

6. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

~ Snipped as per TOS ~ you guys really deliver!!!

Adguard Beta (latest), ALL PROCESSES combined, using only 19.7MB of ram?!?! That's with no CleanMem installed.

I'm speechless.

http://i59.tinypic.com/29ofnub.jpg

7. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Well I've put the new beta through the grinding for a few hours (1,400 websites/filtering actions), and loading/reloading browsers, and stress tests. It hasn't spiked ram whatsoever, and remains tiny, and unobtrusive.. You guys really do a good job.

Meanwhile, over in the Admuncher camp; https://www.facebook.com/AdMuncher

<crickets>

8. JohnMult

JohnMult Registered Member

I have one question. Todat I submit two sites that Adguard misses ads. After three or something hours the filters were updated and I was curious about my submitions. To my surprise the two sites in Firefox was clean from the particular ads and I was very pleased from the quick response. The problem is that n Chrome although I clean the cache those ads still appear like before. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? (Adguard 5.9)

9. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Can subscribers get hold of this beta?

10. loyal

loyal Registered Member

I wanna test Beta....Can someone provide me Beta links I have Lifetime licence if it makes some difference .

11. clubhouse1

I would like to think people who have paid for adguard would also be allowed to access beta versions!

12. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Go to the adguard forums, register, and PM Avatar for beta invite. Beta invite means you need to actually test it, but you get a 2 year license for free. I run Adguard through the ropes on 6 machines here, and submit any issues I find as quickly as possible - and yes they are FAST at dealing with issues.

So far, Adguard is on my top 5 applications for all machines, and if this tiny ram usage keeps up - this thing will be a keeper! I just hope they move to a Metro-Like interface, it would look so much cleaner on my machine. Rumor has it, Adguard 7 Beta will have that..

13. clubhouse1

I don't need a licence, I already have one...I'd still like the opportunity to test betas...You need to address this Avatar.

14. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Address what? It's been clearly posted here that to get into beta you need to PM Avatar on THEIR forums. Check the beta threads out.

15. clubhouse1

I think it may have escaped you that I was appealing to avatar, hence I used his nickname rather than yours....I will clarify for you however, I do not need a license, I already have one, I paid for it and it will need renewing after one year....As it stands I could have got a two year license FOC by becoming a beta tester...Why do I have fewer privileges as a subscriber than someone who has a two year freebie?....Its wrong, I understand avatar is on leave. It can wait until he returns.

ps....I have actually got the beta 5.10 installer by other means.

16. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

See the problem is, I don't understand fail-logic. You paid for a product, and are using it. Enjoy it. That's a done deal.However IF you feel like you want to test a potentially buggy, unstable product, that's available as well -for free. But since most people simply want to install it, forget about it, and not worry about bugs, bug reporting, and instabilities, there is the full retail version. I own a 5 PC lifetime license, but use the Beta. ONLY because I want to help development, and I am willing to put up with debugging, and reporting. The 'reward' for beta testing is - a free license to the BETA version of the product. That's it.. You aren't paid, it's a job, and that's your compensation. It's not a 'way' to get a free license unless you consider potentially unusable, unstable, or crash prone versions a few product? I have 20-30 'free' products sitting around here from beta testing. It doesn't degrade their retail products in anyway. It's generally considered compensation.

Retail-vast majority of customers, install, forget. Life goes on.
    Beta-Private forums, being active, putting up with bugs (and reporting them), and potential instability. Life doesn't go on.

You aren't cheated by paying, vs a beta tester free of charge 'beta' licenses. It's a separate thing.

I got a free Pepsi today, I was a 'taste tester' at a booth setup for about an hour. But the guy that walked in behind me wasn't there when the test booth was setup, he paid for his pepsi. Does that mean his pepsi is less enjoyable, or he got 'ripped off' in some way? No. I purchased a 2014 Acura Dealer Demo, $5,600.00 less, a guy that walked into the dealer a few hours later paid $5,600.00 more for a normal one. Does that mean he got ripped off? I cannot believe I am taking the time to explain life-101.

17. clubhouse1

Good grief!.....Let me say this for the last time, I'm not interested in your opinions, lectures or philosophy on adguard. I am however interested in what avatar has to say about my posts...Now you can carry on in your usual noted acerbic manner as you please...The best you'll get from me is a rye smile or a chuckle.....Arguing in the forums here is not well looked on, I'm out.

18. clubhouse1

Here is the link for the current beta 5.10

~This may be a closed beta. Link removed until we know for sure.~

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  19. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

My point is, why not use official channels? You'll get more traction over there.. Everything else is pointless.

20. clubhouse1

Thanks, I came back to delete it, it occurred to me that it may have been a mistake to post it.

21. avatar

Sorry for the delay, i am on vacations now.
    Could you please PM me links to these two sites?

I've send you a link in PM.

The link to the beta-version is not secret, you can share it if you want.
    But be aware that it could be buggy and unstable.

22. clubhouse1

Thanks avatar....Enjoy your vacation and forget about adguard for now:):thumb:

23. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Good job on the Browsing Security in the beta! I tossed 71 malware links to Adguard installed system, and Adguard grabbed ALL of them. Very impressive! It's becoming an essential security layer on systems without a doubt.

http://i59.tinypic.com/343t89w.jpg

24. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

:thumb: Wholeheartedly agree, I have now installed on 2 machines as extra layer.

25. Rux

Rux Registered Member

Does anybody know here how I can uninstall Adguard Assistant from my PC? I originally had the whole Adguard package and was able to uninstall it the simple way through my control panel. The problem is Adguard Assistant sticks around after that and I don't see anyway I can uninstall it unless I try deleting the Adguard folder on my C drive. I'm not sure if that will really work though. I also tried getting rid of it through my Revo Uninstaller but the uninstaller shows no signs of Adguard Assistant.

PS. It appears Adguard Assistant is uninstalled now. I did it by deleting my Google Chrome browser and re-installing it. All I know is that's the last time I download anything by Adguard.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.