Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi thanks!!
    i had it disabled :(

2. avatar

Context menu?

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes
    thanks

4. avatar

5. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Settings - Extension - Is it possible to do HTTPS filtering with Adguard Assistant i.e an option "Filter HTTPS" under Extension And HTTPS filtering done with Adguard Assistant i.e like Adguard Browser Extension And no need Adguard Certificates install for HTTPS filtering.

Basically I mean ads, etc... blocked on HTTPS websites with Adguard Assistant like Adguard Browser Extension. So users who dont want to use the current HTTPS filtering can use Adguard Assistant HTTPS filtering that will work like Adguard Browser Extension.

Is it possible?

6. avatar

It is possible to filter HTTPS websites with browser extension and leave everything else to the program, indeed.

7. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

Adguard Beta (6.1.281.1494 R2 beta) released!

Release details: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v6.1.281.1494-beta

8. khanyash

Thats good to know its possible. Users who dont want to install Adguard certs can opt for HTTPS filtering implemented in "Adguard Assistant".

You will implement it? Many users will like it.

9. hawki

hawki Registered Member

@avatar

What is Adguard doing when no browser is open that is causing it to constantly use %14.9 of my CPU ??

Shouldn't it be idle when no browser is open?

When a browser is open I now have three Adguard processes running each using %13.9 CPU. What is causing that?? I can disable two and Adguard is working fine. What error on my system might be causing three duplicative Adguard processes to be running? Using FF.

Update Edit:My Adguard files must be corrupted--can not open the UI.

Using the paid version that was current in Nov, 2015 on a WIN 1067 64X OS

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  10. hawki

hawki Registered Member

@avatar

After a clean reinstall the question remains:

What is Adguard doing when no browser is open that is causing it to constantly use %14.9 of my CPU ??

Shouldn't it be idle when no browser is open?

The issue respecting having three Adguard processes running was caused by my trying to access the UI via the Adguard Shortcut. That did not open the UI, but evidently started duplicative processes.

How do I open the UI?

11. avatar

@hawki which version of Adguard do you use? Latest stable or beta?

I mean from your description something is really wrong with UI<->AdguardSvc communication.

12. avatar

Maybe I didn't get it right, but you can already use browser extension and Adguard program along.

Also latest beta can block ad servers even with HTTPS filtering disabled. It is somewhat limited though, but better than what we have in stable.

13. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Hi avatar:)

AdguardSvc.exe is running along with Adguard.exe

I can not tell what version I am using cuz I can not open th UI and the installer does not say. I downloaded and installed it on November 15, 2015. It was a promotional deal freebie with an EMIS renewal.

14. anon

anon Registered Member

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adguard\Adguard.exe" (Properties > Details > Version)

15. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Hi avatar :)

When a browser is open both AdGuard.exe and AdGuardSvc.exe are running..

When I have no browser open, AdGuard.exe runs and uses %14.9 of my CPU. What is it doing when no browser is open?

I do not know what version I am using cuz I can not open the UI and the installer does not say.

It is a version I downloaded and installed on Nov. 15, 2015. I am not aware of any updates having been installed. It was a freebie part of an Emsisoft promotion.

16. anon

anon Registered Member

Adguard for Windows 6.1 (6.1.258.1302) & Windows 10 Pro x64 (1607 / 14393.447)
    With browser open / No browser open = AdGuard.exe and AdGuardSvc.exe are running.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  17. khanyash

I meant, is it possible to do HTTPS filtering with the use of Adguard Assistant & no need Adguard certs install?

18. hawki

hawki Registered Member

But Why? What is AdGuard.exe doing when no browser is open that is using %14.9 CPU? I'm curious.

19. avatar

I suppose that the UI disfunction is a sign of the issue on a UI-Service communication layer.

For instance, UI could be stuck in an infinite loop trying reach the service and that's what takes CPU.
    I don't yet understand what exactly has messed it up. While reinstalling Adguard, have you removed it's settings as well?

20. avatar

Nope. AG needs to filter HTTPS in order to add Assistant to pages.

21. hawki

hawki Registered Member

The uninstaller did not give me that option. I'll poke around for traces. It's the AdGuard.exe that's using CPU when no browser is open.

22. hawki

hawki Registered Member

My bad -- the uninstaller does ask about deleting settings - I missed it the first time, but this second reinstall did not cure the problem. I still can not open the UI with the shortcut -- all that does is add additional AdGuard.exe processes.

AdGuard.exe is still consuming %12 - %14.9 CPU when no browser is open.

This second re-install was weird - it did not ask for my license key.

23. khanyash

Whats the shelf-life of Adguard Desktop Standard Retail (not activated key)?

And shelf-life of Adguard Desktop Standard (not activated key) that you get after installing Adguard Desktop on 4 peoples PC?

By the way, I had a strange prob, dont know if Adguard was the reason?
    I installed Windscribe VPN, & Adguard & enabled WFP Driver option & restarted the system And got "Windows is getting ready, Dont turn off your system". The process took app 30-40 mins.
    I checked Event Viewer.
    The time it happened, there is an entry at the same time...Yellow exclamation mentioning Warning And details are "A TDI filter (\Driver\adgnetworktdidrv) was detected. This filter has not been certified by Microsoft and may cause system instability."
    Guess its related to Adguard Desktop, right? Could be the reason for "Windows getting ready..............."?

Win 10 64 Pro Latest Updates
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 (HTTPS filtering disabled)
    No other security software
    No Windows Updates were there

24. avatar

25. avatar

14 days

1 year

You can safely ignore this warning. TDI/WFP drivers should not pass hardware compliance tests, but even viewer still prints this message just in case.

Also I doubt it is related. It's more likely windows was installing new updates after reboot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.