Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Not sure, but in the installer, there is a tick for Block WebRTC, and another tick for Hide your IP address. I don't think the block IP tick you are referencing is supposed to block WebRTC, via an addon. But yeah, developer's word is gospel since I don't use Chrome on a regular basis.

2. avatar

Hiding AG presence is always site-specific, there is no universal solution for it.

3. avatar

In fact it's not new, just published it to chrome store recently:) We plan to incorporate all these features into the main extension soon.

4. avatar

Hiding IP is a very simple thing, it just adds proxy headers to all requests as if you were behind some proxy server. The thing is that without full-scaled VPN we cannot really hide your IP.

Filed a feature request:
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/StealthMode/issues/9

There's no easy way to do it. I mean we can try, but there are many ways of doing this canvas fingerprinting thing.

5. Well I am just using the --disable-reading-from-canvas switch which Sampei Nihira posted so it is already part of Chrome.

6. Well adding a VPN option as premium option is probably a better business model also. But I am not talking about my global IP (of my ISP), I am talking about blocking WebRTC leaking the local IP, see for instance WebRTC block

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  7. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

Adguard 6.1.232.1142 beta released!
    Link: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v.6.1.232.1142

8. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

9. WildByDesign

Good to hear. I have always found Adguard betas to be quite stable as well. I've got a lot of respect for their development team.

I would love, one day, to see some sort of device with Adguard's powerful http filtering that can be plugged into the network before the router in which would filter the entire network similar to how Adguard filters system-wide. This device, of course, would receive regular updates to filter rules, components, etc. Also being able to log in remotely (from within the local network at least) to manage the device and modify settings and such would be fantastic. I am only dreaming at the moment, of course. I have been practising something very similar with Adguard lately running on the local machine while having many virtual machines within VirtualBox and also VMware all having their network traffic filtered by the Adguard for Windows running on the host machine. I'm considering maybe getting one of those tiny Intel NUC boxes (or similar tiny computer, development board, etc.) and finding a way to place it within the network, though I'd assume it likely needs to have two network cards. This concept would be great though since Adguard for Windows filters network traffic at kernel level and not only does great at filtering advertisement/tracking servers, but Adguard has placed itself in such a superb place for filtering malicious files from the network as well. I think that Adguard has tremendous potential and look forward to seeing Adguard continue to develop.

10. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@WildByDesign

Betas i agree always run well.
    Also some nice ideas, also place my vote for something like this as well

Sure @avatar is listening :thumb:

11. boredog

boredog Registered Member

wow I just noticed this thread after all this time lol
    mine updated this morn to beta 6.1 too.

12. avatar

Yeah, the code for "block webrtc" feature is a bit outdated in the stealth mode extension.

We'd better update it, you're right:
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/StealthMode/issues/10

Nice, thank you for pointing me at it, I didn't know about that switch. I am not sure if we can use it from extension, but it is a useful thing anyway: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/StealthMode/issues/11

13. avatar

Working on a prototype right now. However, hardware development cycle is very different from software. We don't expect to get it all done this year.

14. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

15. guest

guest Guest

yes, seems faster. or maybe it is a placebo effect :p

16. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

That's possible. And that's precisely why I decided to ask.

17. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

@avatar Any news about SSL Scanning compatibility with others, like Kaspersky's and ESET's?

18. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

19. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

Anyone know if Adguard (Android) can be used in VPN mode along with a VPN service? I'm assuming not...

20. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

No. Adguard needs to be in proxy mode, if you want another VPN service.

21. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Yes I confirm, pages load a lot faster running this beta.

22. avatar

23. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

With beta 6.1.232.1142 User agent does not work anymore, OS shows Windows 7 use to show Linux.

Attached Files:

24. jimmytim

jimmytim Registered Member

one thing that annoys me
    if i update my graphics driver, using display driver uninstaller first or run a program in a different resolution, the adguard window moves from the center to the top left
    wouldn't it be nice to have an option to force it in the center of the screen for those who prefers it?

25. WildByDesign

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.