Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. avatar

It's done

2. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Is NoScript extension of Firefox compatible with Adguard?Does anyone using NoScript and Adguard got them to work together fine?

3. avatar

NoScript will disable Adguard's extensions such as WOT and Assistant everywhere.
    I have not found a way to make them work yet. The only possibility is to temporary allow all on the page.

Also you can use our browser extension instead of Assistant.

4. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

If i use browser extension,there would be no incompatibility with NoScript.Am i right?

5. avatar

I've just tested it. Looks like NoScript breaks our extension "Block element" dialog.
    Let me think about it, I'll return with a solution.

6. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Thank you for considering this issue.:) :thumb:

7. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It appears Adguard sends links for authentication as being malware or not with the malware aspect turned on. Then does a sort of whitelist for a specific period of time before re-checking it. Is this accurate? Also is there a privacy policy with respect to his, and/or a way to disable the sending of those URL's and instead rely on localized database?

I'd be curious to hear of how this works, policies, and potential exclusion abilities. Thanks.

8. avatar

9. avatar

Hi @Mayahana!

The way how the browsing security module works depends on the product.

Please take a look at this article describing how it works:
    http://adguard.com/en/how-malware-blocked.html

It should not do it. Are we talking about Adguard for Windows or about browser extension?

Local cache TTL is 40 minutes for Adguard for Windows and 3 hours for browser extension.

Adguard for Windows uses Safe Browsing v2 protocol to check URLs. It means that we do not work with plain URLs but with it's hashes. First we check hash against the local prefixes database and if match found we check the full hash using our web service.

Browser extension has no local database so it just checks URLs over SSL.

10. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I can't remember my password for parental control, can I reset it somehow?

11. avatar

The simplest way is reinstalling Adguard and removing it's settings.

If you don't want to reinstall try to do the following:
    1. Close Adguard and stop "Adguard Service"
    2. Delete folder %programdata%\Adguard
    3. Run service and Adguard

12. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

It worked! Thanks

13. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

@avatar

Any new news on the future/next version of Adguard for Windows?

14. avatar

Hi @TyRizian!

Working on Adguard 6.0. Development is rather slow, rewriting some parts of the code from scratch.
    Hope I'll be able to show video of new version till the end of October (too early for alpha yet).

15. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Thanks for the update, looking forward to what you guys have for us next.

Keep up the good work, you guys are doing awesome :thumb:

16. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Whenever I reset Firefox or after a new installation of Firefox, all https websites shows certificate error. I thought it was a problem in Firefox. Later I found that its Adguard causing this problem. I disabled Adguard and reset Firefox, now all https websites are displayed without certificate error. Thereafter I can enable Adguard and no problem after that. Is this a bug in Adguard ?

17. avatar

This is a compatibility issue with Firefox. The problem is that Firefox has it's own certificate storage and for Adguard to filter HTTPS properly we should install our certificate into this storage. This has to be done when Firefox is not running otherwise it just ignores the installation.

When you reset the Firefox the cert storage is also reset and we should somehow install the cert again.

The simple way is to close Firefox, restart Adguard's protection and give us some time (20-30 seconds) to install the cert.
    Or you can install it manually:
    https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/K...rt-for-https-connections-in-portable-browsers

18. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Interesting thing. 3-4 days ago I installed Adguard Beta for Android. Over those 3-4 days there has been a consistent brute force attack on my Android phone. This morning at 5am I happened to check my phone sitting on my nightstand, and found different 4 digit passcodes being entered, over and over. The day before I awoke and my phone had rebooted, indicating a critical mass of incorrect attempts was reached, and the phone rebooted itself. No attempts were made after reboot because my phone is encrypted, and on a fresh reboot no apps are loaded until I decrypt the phone. I removed Adguard Android Beta today, as I had never had any issues prior to this. I was about to turn my phone over to the forensics guy at work but he is backlogged. I won't officially declare Adguard Android was the cause of this but is the most suspect as it is the only application installed on that particular phone for over 6 months. My network is highly secure, so one way to bypass that security would be through a VPN-type application on the phone.

Thoughts? Anyone else notice such occurrences?

19. avatar

Do you have ROOT or not?
    I mean if you have root than any app can do whatever it wants with your device and your information.
    If you have no root than what's the point in your password brute forcing?
    Password protects you from other people, not from apps.

No way. Adguard is not common VPN. In our case VPN server is embedded into the app so there is no remote connection to our server.

20. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It's not rooted. However it was clear password attempts were being made on the device as I held the device in front of me and WATCHED as various attempts were made to access the device, and the day prior so many attempts were made it forced a reboot on the device while I slept. I have had this phone for a year and never experienced anything like this, and the only application installed over the last 6 months was Adguard Beta for Android. I'm not ready to leap to any judgement on any of it, or make any claims yet. I've changed, and strengthened the device password, and I am putting a USG200 in place on the network tonight (with max IPS), and moving the ASUS RT-AC87 into an AP mode just in case.

Any suggestions/recommendations from your end?

21. avatar

22. avatar

Also I am not sure if it's possible to make such attempts through the network.
    I think that it's done by one of your apps.

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I agree it's likely an app. I am not well appraised of Android Security (yet). But it was a bit coincidental this started after Adguard-Android was installed. So as a precaution I have reset the phone, and will keep what I have on it basic until I pin it down more. Forensics is backed up, so no chance of them picking it apart, and I wasn't about to wait a week or two.

24. avatar

If you want I can give you access to our code for you to be sure Adguard has nothing to do with it.
    Or if you saved the apk you can decompile it, it is quite simple to do in Android.

25. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

1) Too bad Adguard does Not include a
    'Disable Everywhere' option like the one of Adblock Plus.

Imagine when a user wants to enable Adguard,
    disable it, re-enable it, disable it again and so on...

Repeatedly doing it,
    through the Add-ons Manager
    which is the only way until now,
    would have been so inconvenient! :mad:

I wish Developers do something about it...;)

2) Would the Developers plan to include other Lists
    like the host-related MVPS, HP, etc. o_O
    (ublock already added these Lists)...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.