Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Is it possible to bypass anti adblock system with Adguard? Some websites are really annoying me with this system ...

2. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

IMO, what you're asking here is the same than asking how to crack a paid software to use it for free.

3. avatar

Yes, just report these sites to our forum (or here).

4. Nightwalker

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  5. Nightwalker

This post was for me?

6. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Not for you, but it is about your request for solutions to bypass anti adblock.

7. Nightwalker

Care to explain why it "is the same than asking how to crack a paid software to use it for free"? Because for me this doesnt make any sense.

I simple cant acess the website when Adguard is on, even if I disable the protection and see the stupid ads sometimes I still cant view the page.

You can test for yourself: http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/artigos/Teste-da-Fonte-de-Alimentacao-C3Tech-PSH750V/1580

Edit: New filter update and the problem is gone, amazing support :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  8. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

No, I have the paid version of Hotspot Shield....I noticed via Fiddler that this domain address (box.anchorfree.net) was running a script through the FF browser....Its seems that AG for firefox blocks it however the window version of AG allows it....the filter log in AG for ff shows this entry ||box.anchorfree.net^...If I add that to AG for windows it doesn't prevent the script :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  9. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Website owners use the money from the ads to finance costs and to pay for their work. If a website owner decides to use anti adblocker, that's because he doesn't wish to provide the site content (that costs them money and work to provide) to users that prevents them to get paid for their work.

That's pretty much the same that happens when a software developer put a price tag and ask for a registration key in a software that costed him money and work to develop. They want to assure that they get paid for their work.

IMO, ask for a way to bypass the registration key in a paid software to get it for free, and ask for a way to bypass the anti-adblocker in a website to get the content in a way that prevents the website owner to be paid for their work, is the same thing.

Either the registration key (software) and the antiadblock message (website) are placed there, by the owners,to prevent the free use of the software or the website, respectively.

10. avatar

I think the difference is that AG for windows removes this script from web page content so there's no such request at all.
    Look in log record details for the web page itself - it should be there.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Just enable Adblock Warning Removal List and Anti-Adblokc Killer from Other filters in the Edit Filters List setting.

12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

IMO, that analogy is rather poor. A better comparison would be if the website implemented a paywall or subscription and a person was asking for usernames and passwords. Ad revenue is not the most stable or lucrative for financing a website and blocking ads is not illegal AFAIK.

13. clubhouse1

If ads weren't so ugly flashing away and using up bandwidth and not full of tracking cookies perhaps software like AdGuard wouldn't be so popular....If I go to a website I want to see the content I expect, not a load of ads....If I buy a newspaper or magazine I don't read the ads I read the content....And ads in paper don't follow my activities if I read another paper magazine!

14. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

That analogy is just easier to understand. But that doesn't make what i explained incorrect.

If a website owner doesn't use a anti-adblocker, that's because he allows the use of the website by everyone: either by people that doesn't use adblockers, either by people that use adblockers (and therefore use the content of the website but don't contribute to it's survival).

If a website owner uses a anti-adblocker that's because he doesn't allow the use of the website by everyone: he doesn't allow the use by people who use adblockers (and therefore use the content of the website but don't contribute to it's survival).

For instance, lets see the link provided by Nightwalker: http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/artigos/Teste-da-Fonte-de-Alimentacao-C3Tech-PSH750V/1580

If one access this link with an adblocker on, it will get this message (translation):

"We detected that you're using AdBlock Plus or another program that blocks advertising. By using this kind of program you're contributing to the end of this website, because we need the advertising to pay for our costs. Please disable that program to access our website or become a VIP member so that you can use the website without advertising. Thanks"

Note that a VIP membership is paid. So, providing a way to bypass this protection is piracy and that discussion shouldn't be allowed in this particular forum.
    Even if this option for a VIP membership didn't exist, it will still be piracy to bypass that protection because it's against the terms of use of the website. The anti-adblock is there to prevent the use by people who just use the content (that costs money and work to provide) but don't contribute back.

Edit: just to clarify, i'm not against the use of adblock. I use it in all sites that allow it, and i disable it in all sites i want to support.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  15. clubhouse1

Even if this option for a VIP membership didn't exist, it will still be piracy to bypass that protection because it's against the terms of use of the website. The anti-adblock is there to prevent the use by people who just use the content (that costs money and work to provide) but don't contribute back.

I'm not aware of any binding contract I have with any website I view....They don't advise me of that before they allow me to view....Against terms of use?....I tend to look at the rules of any website I become a member of and they all generally warn against racism. sexism this 'ism that 'ism (thank you John Lennon) and flaming etc, etc....I've never seen one that tells me I can't use adblockers.....What folly!

16. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Read my previous post please:

"For instance, lets see the link provided by Nightwalker: http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/artigos/Teste-da-Fonte-de-Alimentacao-C3Tech-PSH750V/1580

If one access this link with an adblocker on, it will get this message (translation):

"We detected that you're using AdBlock Plus or another program that blocks advertising. By using this kind of program you're contributing to the end of this website, because we need the advertising to pay for our costs. Please disable that program to access our website or become a VIP member so that you can use the website without advertising. Thanks"

Note that a VIP membership is paid."

And once again: i'm not against the use of adblock. I use it in all sites that allow it, and i disable it in all sites i want to support.

17. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

My feeling is that these issues are a reflection of the malaise engendered by the nominally free model, paid for by advertising and profiling, that a user has little control or trust in, and which may deliver malware in its own right.

Having to read the Tos or EULA for each site/service is absurd, and shows how little consumer protection legislation applies to the online world. We badly need standard contracts which exclude unfair terms and outrageous breaches of privacy and carelessness with our data. Right now, providers can put literally anything in their Tos and EULA/service agreements and no-one has the time to read them, and there is apparently little constraint on what can be put in them.

I know the problem from the "other side", because there are ridiculous and contradictory legal requirements on online businesses which are dreadful for small businesses without lots of lawyers, and which favor the deployment of absurd Tos simply to cover as many liabilities from absurd and ignorant legislation.

18. clubhouse1

Liking the new beta....(5.10.1151.5892) with the ability to add easylist and other lists :)

Would it be possible sometime in a future build to add an "blockable items" option similar to the Adblock Plus one?...Dummies like myself can't write\understand the coding,but I can select an item to block lol

19. avatar

Hi @clubhouse1 !

And what's wrong with Adguard Assistant?

http://adguard.com/en/adguard-windows/quick-tour.html#tour
    Click "How to block ads manually"

20. clubhouse1

Nothing, its just that adblock also showed any running scripts. This was useful for me as I'm using a 3g dongle (mobile broadband) therefore I was able to block any scripts that didn't break the site and get faster browsing :)

21. avatar

Ah, now I understand. We have this feature in our plans, it could be really useful.

22. clubhouse1

23. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

24. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

5.10 running very well with a great list of improvements, and the memory usage is substantially lower :thumb:

Well done Adguard,

regards.

25. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Adguard assistant still has problems with Feedly, as i mentioned a while ago, hoping that it will be fixed in 5.10:doubt: IMO they should get rid of the assistant and enhance the browser version, backed of course by the native client for enhanced features.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.