Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. avatar

We'll take a look, thank you! Tbh, sounds like an Edge issue to me, if there's an issue with the access rights, they must have thrown an exception to let extensions devs know that what they're trying to do is not allowed, and not just silently spam the event log.

Do I need to change the default Win settings in order to reproduce this?

2. avatar

You need to click "Save" after clicking on the notification.

3. petok

petok Registered Member

@avatar I have problem with certificate from adguard in firefox no exist but in chrome is installed...
    I make reinstall certificate from adguard but firefox no install, then make manual install is installed, but when again start firefox no exist cert. Why?

4. itman

itman Registered Member

It is the only extension I have tried on Edge so far.

5. itman

itman Registered Member

Actually, I initially didn't know what was causing the errors. So I reset Edge which in turn caused Adguard to reinstall. I left it at default settings to validate it wasn't due to one of the TPL's I selected; i.e. NoCoin. The event log entries persisted with the default Adguard settings.

6. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I didn't notice a "save" button. When I click the alert, AdGuard GUI starts, I enter the password and see main GUI only.

7. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

8. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

9. anon

anon Registered Member

I can't find any ad/pop up crap in your screenshot.
    I can't find any ad/pop up crap in my screenshot either (tested in my machine too with AdGuard for Windows).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

There are no ads even with AG disabled, only Privacy notice. Maybe the ads are on location dependant.

11. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

@gordon - use ublock - afair palemoon can not use the lates build but it should do.
    adguard is complete futile when ublock is installed. adguard as a system wide service can prevent, but ublock would manage the rest.

btw i dont see any ads, thats just a header. use the ublock picker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (cant resist of so many ! because you should have learned meanwhile how to use ublock)

try this in "my filters"
    www.neowin.net###promos
    (imo discussed here before)

12. faircot

faircot Registered Member

I came across this article on Ghacks yesterday that kills some annoying popups on web pages. I wonder if somebody here with more grey matter than me could say whether it's possible to include it into Adguard somehow rather than run it manually?

13. guest

guest Guest

AdGuard v6.4.1544.4363 Beta (August 27, 2018)
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v.6.4.1544.4363

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2018
  14. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

How do i stop Adguard.Svc.exe from starting up with boot. I might have to uninstall AFW in order to stop it.

15. XIII

XIII Registered Member

AdGuard Security Notice — AdGuard Blog:

“We have detected an attack towards AdGuard servers. Attackers used one of the databases of leaked accounts that are available online and checked whether the email/password data fit to access AdGuard account.”

https://adguard.com/en/blog/adguard-security-notice/

16. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

Google prevented a sign-in from a less secure app
    Aracati - State of Ceará, Brazil · 32 minutes ago

Google prevented a sign-in from a less secure app
    Donje Ledenice, Bosnia and Herzegovina · Aug 31

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  17. guest

guest Guest

Adguard Adblocker for Chrome v2.10.11 (September 21, 2018)
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardBrowserExtension/releases/tag/v2.10.11
    Among important changes is a fix to the Assistant "block" button issue and a new "Save filtering log" feature that will come handy for filter developers and in some cases of troubleshooting via support.

[Added] An option to save Filtering Log when reloading the page #1074
    [Fixed] AdGuard 2.10.8 extension for Edge blocks Spotify web player playback #1090
    [Fixed] Assistant preview doesn't close #1083
    [Fixed] The Norwegian translation implementation is broken #1085
    [Fixed] When using Edge dev console, JS error occurs in extended-css.js #1086
    [Fixed] Сosmetic filters stop working after refresh of a page cached by a ServiceWorker #1087
    [Fixed] AdGuard "send statistics" crashes google sheets when option turned on #1096
    Adguard Adblocker for Firefox v2.10.11 (September 21, 2018)
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adguard-adblocker/

18. guest

guest Guest

AdGuard v6.4.1639.4553 Beta (September 25, 2018)
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v6.4.1639.4553
    Ad blocking
    [Improved] URL exclusion blocking rules are now created with important modifier by default #2305

Networking
    [Fixed] AdGuard does not filter connections with TDI driver #2308
    [Fixed] Avast Free prevents AdGuard from suppressing QUIC #2310

The current way of whitelisting apps from filtering for WFP driver has been extended to TDI driver. It allows to avoid compatibility issues with other software, especially with antivirus software.

[Improved] AdGuard now checks on installation if the TDI driver is not registered yet #2321

UI
    [Fixed] AdGuard remembers the last displayed settings tab after closing #2317
    [Fixed] The Assistant icon appears in full screen mode on YouTube and Twitch #2309
    [Fixed] Move the assistant icon back to the right corner #2314

Other
    [Fixed] Crash while closing from tray #2252
    [Fixed] Crash after auto-update on the application startup on Windows 7 #2290
    [Fixed] An error while parsing the userscript metadata #2311
    [Improved] A privacy-friendly protocol is now used for the parental control web service #2316

19. anon

anon Registered Member

20. guest

guest Guest

AdGuard v6.4.1739.4753 RC (October 09, 2018)
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v6.4.1739.4753-rc
    [Fixed] AdGuard fails to start service #2339
    [Fixed] Firefox 64-bit handshake issues with some domains #2347
    [Fixed] "Service failure" tile and "Trial expired" tile appear simultaneously #2342
    [Fixed] Crash on multiple tray clicks right after the installation #2340
    [Improved] AG icon has been updated to a high resolution version #2341
    [Improved] Maximize close box for AdGuard notification twice size (11x11 pxls to 22x22 pxls) on Windows 7 #2319
    [Improved] Suppress the Alt-Svc header #2343

21. guest

guest Guest

AdGuard v6.4.1795.4865 RC (October 23, 2018)
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v6.4.1795.4865-rc
    [Changed] TLS 1.2 is used by default if Avast is detected #2368

As we’ve said earlier, TLS 1.3 is the current standard, but some antiviruses still use v1.2, notably Avast. We would like to completely switch to v1.3 but have to take this into consideration.

[Fixed] Application update resets Assistant settings and restores deleted extensions #2365

There won’t be enough fingers combined on hands of all people in our office to count the number of times users complained about this issue. One of our current priorities is to make the process of updating AdGuard as smooth as possible, and certainly preserving users’ settings is a big step in that direction.

[Changed] Highlighting color for the whitelisted requests in Filtering Log #2358
    [Changed] AdGuard now asks for a reboot after TDI driver update on Windows 7 #2364
    [Fixed] AdGuard fails to start service #2339
    [Fixed] Crash upon opening the Filtering Log #2346
    [Fixed] PopupBlocker is not updated alongside AG update #2354
    [Fixed] Handshake issues with some domains in Firefox x64 #2347
    [Improved] Popup Blocker extension has been updated to v2.5.8 #2351
    [Improved] Localizations have been updated, new languages have been added (Slovenian, Czech, Belarusian) #2361

22. anon

anon Registered Member

23. guest

guest Guest

24. guest

guest Guest

25. anon

anon Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.