Address incompatible with the requested protocol

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rodmac87, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodmac87

rodmac87 Registered Member

Hello. I guess I'm going to sound like a major dumby. But oh well, my computer keeps randomly shutting down and it keeps showing the same error in my "computer managment" utility:

Theres also another error that's been popping up all over the place.

---

I think these issues are causing the computer to shutdown out of nowhere. Unless it's just the computer itself which I doubt.

I don't think it's the second error listed because that seemed to just happen over 1 or 2 days and then the error died off, there was alot of cases of it during that time though, whereas the other "service control manager" error shows in the log on a daily basis, or seemingly just following a crash or random shutdown.

Would anybody who is a bit more experienced possibly be able to offer me any adivce on this? I think that the crashes are starting to cause unnecessary damage and memory issues, etc.

2. rodmac87

This comes up after "sc query" in my command prompt. I don't suspect it tells very much because it's just the same thing for every service, etc. But this is what the "help and support" service said to lookup.

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      7.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  3. ravin

ravin Registered Member

4. rodmac87

Hello, thanks for the tip. I got my firewall back. lol. So it solved at least one issue. We'll see if this puts a stop to the crashes, that usually happens once or twice a day so obviously i'll just have to wait and find out.

5. ravin

ravin Registered Member

Glad to hear it.:D If you read some of the link I pointed you to it may be a piece of malware etc. might be a good idea to do a couple on line scans to make sure.

6. rodmac87

Sadly this has not fixed the random reboots. It did stop giving that error message though, but unfortunately all that did was prove my above theory wrong. I am glad the firewall works now of course.

There's too many things that can cause a random shutdown I suppose, it may be an overheating issue, and some days are worse than others, sometimes the shutdowns come a few hours apart and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. When I turn it back on right away it doesn't start, it does for a second and then shuts down again. I have to unplug, wait about two minutes, then try it.

It usually doesn't survive a scanning process, I tried using trendco online scanner and it shutdown half way through, I tried running Spybot, same thing. I can't even have AVG on my computer because that makes the problem 30% worse. Also, my automatic updates don't install for me like they should, there's always one hanging and the download won't start, not even when i try it manually. This has been a problem for over a year.

I'm not sure how to find out if my computer is set to terminate after an error, or something like that, and it is possible that I have some sort of similar option set on my computer that i can turn off. But if so I'm not sure how to find it.

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi rodmac,

You mean, setting a dump file option - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649/

Something else you might try - http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp / screenshot

Along with a software tester like above I would investigate setting's in your bios to make it run a complete post on boot. Make sure your ram chip's are properly seated as well. Info on post, info *with image's* on ram.

"This has been a problem for over a year. That's no good. Something keeping you from a reinstall?

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.