Adding to CRC32 Files.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by FireDancer, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hi all,

I am about 2 weeks new to my registerd version of TDS3
    and still learning about it's full potential. After reading FanJ's very nice post on TDS-3 CRC32-test Guidelines I
    have added to my CRC files to add a bit of protection
    within my system to see if files have been changed/alterd.

My question is this... I resently started useing the small utility program Copy This Path and it works very well for adding to a text file such as CRC. Can I some how add a whole folder to CRC and have all it's contents scanned instead of adding each and every file that I want scanned?

Best wishes,
    ~FireDancer~

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

No you can't. For this you'll better use Javacool's FileChecker. You have then realtime monitoring wich TDS hasn't
    Dolf

3. FireDancer

Dolf,

Thanks for the reply :) as I am looking at Javacools file checker right this moment. Hmmm would it even be nessecary to use CRC if useing File Checker? Or is there any advantage to useing both?

Regards,
    ~FireDancer~ :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the meantime found this thread back of Andreas' script which you might like to try to add whole directories including sub directories with full pathnames to your CRC scan.txt.
    Think you best first add it to a notepad to add it after to the excisting CRCscan.txt file.
    Have fun with it!

5. DolfTraanberg

Not that I know of

6. FireDancer

Hi Jooske and Dolf,

Thanks for the responces.. in as much as my question to Dolf about running both file checkers at same time CRC32/File Checker the only disadvantage I do see immediatly is a resource drop.

Jooske,

I have taken your link and do not understand the command line that was posted by Andreas or if that should just be used as a template and will have to be edited to my needs. I am no wizard so I will continue to play with it. I wrote a line in CRC32 file that looks like this....

dir D:\Kerio PFW\*.*/A:-D /B /S >> D:\Kerio PFW\crcfiles.txt

This is probably way off the mark to get it to scan all contents of folder. :( as I say I do not understand this nor how to write the command, or where to place it. I would assume... it would need to be added to the CRC32.txt file in TDS3.

I put there and it does not exsist which tells me I wrote it wrong and untill I get that part right, I wont know if it will work :D

Thanks for the help,

~FireDancer~

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Let's hope Andreas drops by to explain, as he created it.
    He writes it works when using it from the root, and i'm not sure if it works in each windows version, worth some experimenting!

8. DolfTraanberg

What Andreas showed, is the use of the dos command DIR
    You should use it in a dosbox or START>RUN>
    dir D:\Kerio PFW\*.*/A:-D /B /S > D:\Kerio PFW\crcfiles.txt
    then you can open D:\Kerio PFW\crcfiles.txt in notepad and copy the lines into your CRC file
    Dolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.