adding programs need advice

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by donsan709, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsan709

donsan709 Registered Member

Hi all just added norton pro 04 and bo clean to process guard 1.150 and need to know if i need to check any of the box"s for read write and the others as i do not fully understand everything about this program yet.for now i have all checked for bo clean and none for norton so would someone please advise me on the correct settings please.

2. linney

linney Registered Member

For maximum security it's recommended that all system and security processes be added to Process Guard's list of protected processes, with Write/Terminate/Suspend/SetInfo privileges blocked.

Read about "Configuration" in the Help Section for further details.

Merry Christmas

3. donsan709

Thanks a bunch for the advice just a little confused about the set up for blocked flags and allowed flags. Seems funny that the only thing that always try's to gain access is bo clean so i hope that is what's supposed to be happening just want to make sure this program is not stopping bo clean from protecting my computer. Please let me know if i should not see all these logs written about bo clean trying to gain access.

4. linney

linney Registered Member

Can't really help you about Bo Clean and Process Guard. It is the sort of question best answered by someone more qualified.

A program that I have running that is always asking for "Write" access is Outpost Firewall Pro version 2. I know Wayne and Co are aware of that situation and don't believe it to be a major problem.

In my situation if it really concerned me I would just give it the type of access the firewall thinks it needs and cut down the log size. In your situation it might be different.

A similar story is seen in this post.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17637

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

For all that logging I suggest to give boclean.exe full allow privileges.
    Dolf

6. donsan709

thanks for the great advice. I hve allowed BO CLEAN all accross the board and it has helped a little bit for some reason i still get a few logs but i don't think i will worry about it. I am just glad that i'm able to shut down the computer and start back up again and not have the other problem.Thanks gavin and Jason for the great product i wouldn't be without it. Oh ya when i speak of logs i still mean BO CLEAN nothing else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.