Adding Programmes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Dugite, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

How do I let security suite allow Cerebus FTP access to my system? I have checked all the settings and cannot see where I can add a programme to the allowed list. Surely and FTP programme should be accepted.

Thanks

TonyE

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you switch the firewall to interactive or policy-based mode and define a rule for that communication?

3. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

No I'll give it a go, can I switch back to auto once I have tried to set up a rule?

Edit: Tried the interactive mode and lost all connectivity with the internet. Left the rule for Ceberus FTP to be allowed as a programme on ALL ports and this time my FTP client saw my IP address but just timed out.
    I guess reading that others have had so much trouble setting up interactive mode I'll go back to NOD32 for the time being until the bugs are gone.

FWIW I am running Vista Ultimate on an E6600 with 2G Ram 4xWD 250G HD on set to RAID0 as primary 500G and X1950Pro Video Card on a GA965P DS3 MB. I had no install problems and it was running flawlessly or so I thought until I tried to run Ceberus FTP.

I'll check back later to see if more bugs have been ironed out.

Cheers

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  4. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

Just installed beta1a and looks like my issue has been resolved. Fast work thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.