Adding Programmes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Dugite, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

How do I let security suite allow Cerebus FTP access to my system? I have checked all the settings and cannot see where I can add a programme to the allowed list. Surely and FTP programme should be accepted.

Thanks

TonyE

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you switch the firewall to interactive or policy-based mode and define a rule for that communication?

3. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

No I'll give it a go, can I switch back to auto once I have tried to set up a rule?

Edit: Tried the interactive mode and lost all connectivity with the internet. Left the rule for Ceberus FTP to be allowed as a programme on ALL ports and this time my FTP client saw my IP address but just timed out.
    I guess reading that others have had so much trouble setting up interactive mode I'll go back to NOD32 for the time being until the bugs are gone.

FWIW I am running Vista Ultimate on an E6600 with 2G Ram 4xWD 250G HD on set to RAID0 as primary 500G and X1950Pro Video Card on a GA965P DS3 MB. I had no install problems and it was running flawlessly or so I thought until I tried to run Ceberus FTP.

I'll check back later to see if more bugs have been ironed out.

Cheers

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  4. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

Just installed beta1a and looks like my issue has been resolved. Fast work thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.