Adding Online Armor to Security SetUp?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by L Bainbridge, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

OK- this may be a daft question and it's probably been answered already but after receiving a recent bunch of 'phishing' emails I wondered whether it was worth adding Online Armor to my current security set up.
    At present I have NOD32, Ewido (full guard), L'n'S Firewall, Process Guard and Spysweeper plus Hardware Firewall/Router
    Am I being OTT or can I dispense with any of these instead if I use OA.
    Pros and Cons of OA would be interesting.
    As a free option is SpoofStick enough with my current set up?

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi There,

I think you already have a lot of security there - and if you're smart enough to understand that you're getting phishing emails, you're smart enough to understand that opening or acting upon them is a bad thing.

So Online Armor (or spoofstick, or anything else) won't protect you any more than common sense - and I'm from the company that writes Online Armor :)

Having said that - you can get a free trial of OA (or AV+ which includes the Kaspersky AV piece) and give it a go. There's certainly overlap with what you already have - depending on your personal preference you could either consolidate some, or just run another one - but you do sound like you'd be pretty safe if you just left things alone.

Mike

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Nice reply Mike. Never expected such a reply from a representative of a product. Thanks for being fair.

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

I agree great response.
    I'm not too worried about the 95% when I'm using my grey matter on the PC:it' s the 5% when I don't... or other members of the family are using it.
    Any company that has a representative who can be so honest, interested and balanced gets my vote- I'm going to try it. :thumb:
    Thanks

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Just so you know, Mike isn't a representative, he's the man. But you are right. Take a great piece of software, unbelieveable support, and complete candor and honesty, any have a pretty good combination.

Pete

PS Check out the forum at http://www.tallemu.com/forum/ and look a the post and response times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.