Adding Firewall Exceptions

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Ax1om, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ax1om

Ax1om Registered Member

I am trying to add firewall exceptions to allow a program through the firewall.

Essentially, the equivalent of "Allow A Program Through Windows Firewall".

How does one do this in Eset Smart Security Version 4?

More specifically, if anyone could assist me with configuring FileZilla, I would be very thankful.

Thank you,

Ax1om

2. rubifibi

rubifibi Registered Member

Unless you're not too paranoid, you can put firewall in interactive mode and on first filezilla startup allow traffic and select remember.

Manually you would go to "setup/rules and zones/zone and rule editor/setup"
    and configure your application and ports to open there.

Usually tho, people have more problems configuring their router than ess, so you might check that if you're having problem with people connecting to you...

3. Ax1om

Ax1om Registered Member

Thank you for your reply,

The interactive mode is an option, but I would prefer to configure manually.

I don't have problems with my router because others can connect to it provided Windows Firewall is in use.

I have attempted configuring manually, but it seems to not work.
    I configured ports 20 and 21 locally and remotely (probably this is too flexible), but got no result.

How would I continue with this?

Thank you

4. rubifibi

rubifibi Registered Member

Providing that you have it working with windows firewall I would just use the same settings in ESS :)

Otherwise, from my faint remembrance of FTP protocol, if you're running a server and a client you'll have to open a range of ports both way not just 20 and 21. Your application probably have setting where you can narrow that range tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.