Adding Command Flags to Chrome in Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Hungry Man, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlu

tlu Guest

Regarding the error message mentioned in post #21:
    Please read the README file in /etc/apparmor.d/local. The profile I introduced to you is a translation of the Chromium profile with some additions which I found necessary. Line 129 in that profile refers to /etc/apparmor.d/local/opt.google.chrome.google-chrome - if that file doesn't exist on your system you'll get that error message.

That profile should work on any system - BUT you will probably need some more rules depending on your specific hardware or a different configuration. E.g., I have an Nvidia graphics card, therefore

/dev/nvidiactl rw,
    /dev/nvidia0 rw,

is required. If you have an AMD or another card it will look different. Another example: Since I use Lastpass, the following rule was necessary:

@{HOME}/.lastpass/** k,

The necessary rules can be found with the help of the relevant error messages in /var/log/syslog.

I do not place these individual rules in /etc/apparmor.d/opt.google.chrome.google-chrome but rather in /etc/apparmor.d/local/opt.google.chrome.google-chrome as changes in my hardware or other configurations are easier to adapt.

If you prefer to add those rules to /etc/apparmor.d/opt.google.chrome.google-chrome instead and leave /etc/apparmor.d/local/opt.google.chrome.google-chrome empty (or alternatively delete line 129) - please do so. I myself find it easier to separate rules that should apply to any system from individual rules. But that's a matter of taste.

Whatever you do, with a handful of indivual rules that profile should work for you, too.

I hope these remarks clarify some confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.