Add/Remove Programs' woes

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mirimim, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirimim

mirimim Registered Member

My Add/Remove programs has suddenly got a big black rectangle between the last "E" entry and the first "F". Help in getting rid of this plus an explanation of what could have caused it would be appreciated. mim from Oz

2. Trout

Trout Registered Member

It is more than likely a corrupt program causing this problem. What you need to do is figure out which program is causing the problem. The program would be one that started with an e or f. You could try an uninstall type of program to help remove the offending program. CCleaner could probably be of some help as it has an add/remove program interface in it. It can be found at- http://www.ccleaner.com/ After you install Ccleaner, open the program up and click on the tools tab. This will give you a list of all the programs you have installed. What you need to do next is find the entry that is missing in your add/remove programs list by comparing it to the list inside Ccleaner. Once you have found the entry, run the uninstaller from the Ccleaner interface. The uninstall button is to the right of the list.

If the program was a program that you had previously tried to uninstall and it caused a problem during the uninstall, you may have to reinstall the program again to be able to correctly uninstall it.

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Sounds pretty similar to a prob I had with A/R Progs. I had a large blank space (not black) between A and B. Turned out to be a dodgy registry value for "Autocad" ....hence the last A....before B. I had the blank space instead of Autocad. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47155
    You are probably going to have to look for a prog starting with E or F that could be missing from the list.
    You may be able to use another app that lists uninstall info like Spybot (in tools) or Easy Cleaner, to compare with your Add/Remove Prog List.
    Best of luck with it. I searched the web for a solid month before I found my fix!
    HTH,
    Buck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.