AdAware reflist 108-23.04.2002

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FanJ, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Just got this reference-file, using AA Refupdate.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Ann's statement:
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cc6764b2815ffff;act=ST;f=20;t=16

PeteNote: I d/l'ed the new referencefile through Refupdate and it went - somewhere - because when I open the program, it's still telling me I've got "Referencefile in use: 106 - 14.04.2002" . It also reverted back to the german language display instead of English so i had to change that back and re-set what I wanted scanned, drive-wise. Checked using refupdate again and it's still telling me I've got the new one (I don't).

Looks like I'll either have to d/l the new reflist and install it manually or just un-install/re-install AA and try it again..

3. marti

marti Registered Member

Pete,

Another anomily with this update was reported on the PC911 forum.  The install.log in the main Lavasoft AdAware directory does not reflect the current date.  Mine shows 04/13/02, should be 04/23/02.  I posted this question to the DSLR security fourm a few minutes ago.  

marti

edit:  ignore this post.  Install.log is only updated when you update the main AA program.  Ref (or sig) file changes are not shown in the install.log  

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, marti!

Yeah, mine says the same.

The first time I tried to d/l the new reflist, it stayed in the RefUpdate1.3 folder instead of going to the AA folder like it was supposed to. I deleted that one just now. The setting in 'Options' had changed. (Sigh) Who knows? Pete

5. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Hi Pete,

I had no problem d\l this one via ref.updater it shows 108-23.04.2002 but I found something else :-(

On this download site: http://www.lavasoft.nu/downloads.html is gives you this:

Ad-aware signature file (ref # 108-24.04.02) 22 kb

Am I missing somethingo_O

Thanks!

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Marianna - I think it's a typo on their part - I re-d/l'ed it, replaced what I had and re-opened the program, but it still comes up with 108 - 23.04.2002 . I haven't re-started the computer, although I've opened and closed AA several times. I'm starting to get a headache, here! :) Pete

7. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Pete,

thanks! :D

hope your headache didn't get worse - go for a walk  :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.