Ad Muncher

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Don't run Adguard until 5.9 goes live. Trust me. 5.9 is in Release Candidate mode, and is a massive improvement on every aspect of Adguard. Speed, CPU use, Ram use, everything. 5.9 is the first 100% viable replacement for Admuncher IMO.. I found Adguard 5.8 to be pretty bad to be honest, but thankfully they have a devoted team working on it, and 5.9 is .... Fantastic.

So try Adguard again when 5.9 arrives, and you will find it a perfect replacement for Admuncher. I've run speed tests, Adguard is every bit as fast as Admuncher in 5.9.

2. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Jeffrey, you have offered helpful and timely support in the past (email) and I really do appreciate that.

So let me ask you, if not in 1 month (or 2 months or 3....), can you give your paying and loyal customers some sort of ETA (and hope for that matter) for v5? Am I being unfair in asking this?

3. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks. I was definitely not impressed w/ v5.8. I really hope they address the slow boot time issue with the new version. Will keep a look out - but I'm sure I will find out about the new version from you. :p

4. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I couldn't run Adguard 5.8.. Too buggy, slow boot, and page slowdowns ~snipped.. I can happily say all are gone with 5.9.. Zero impact on boot times now as well.

RC for 5.9 proper hit just a few hours ago, so it looks like a week or less for 5.9 proper if no bugs are found.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I understand you are a happy camper with testing 5.9 beta, any place to find RC 5.9?

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I don't want to put words in Jeffrey's mouth, but he did say he stopped giving release dates since it was a mistake. I mean if he says Ad Muncher 5.0 beta 1 (or whatever version) will be released in n months and then it's not released, how would you feel?

7. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Jeff,

The reason you get MAC users still buying your product is because it LOOKS like it works on MAC. Nowhere do you specifically say it's Windows only, and you have Safari listed as a supported browser. Since Safari is not developed on Windows any longer, most people MAY assume it covers MAC. Also the page LOOKS like a mac product.

Why don't you load up Dreamweaver, hit the AM FTP server, and fix the web pages? It could all be fixed in a matter of minutes. Removal of IE, removal of Safari, clear statements that the product doesn't work on Windows 8x, doesn't filter HTTPS/GZIP, and any HTTPS masked Advertisement, etc..

Nevertheless, Adguard will have a MAC version of their product out in a couple of months.

Attached Files:

8. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

i think everyone here is understanding why the AM web page is not updated: to get more users. sadly, by using misleading advertising. no need to argue about it...

9. The Jackal

The Jackal Registered Member

stock attacking Jeff!! he is a great developer. If anyone bought a AdMuncher thinking he is gonna use it on his Mac and wasn't able to, let them deal with Jeff, why must everyone play the jury here?

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I second you. Some posters here act in the role of Judge Lynch, especially one is really fierce in his crusade against Jeff ... I am also disgusted and I admire Jeff being so calm.

11. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

It's no crusade against him personally, it's a crusade for truth in advertising. It drives me nuts when a product is marketed/sold under false pretenses. It also infuriates me that promises were made to gain product sales, and those promises weren't even 'close' to being realized (by many years).

I think we've all been really patient. We don't need anymore promises, excuses, or apologies. We need a working product we paid for. Probably too late, the damage is done. Adguard 5.9 is out, and does everything we need, and 6.0 is another month behind. Vaporware is vaporware.

12. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Foremost, I didn't name you ... A guilty conscience needs no accuser, as we say in my country :D peace ;)

As far as I am aware, there weren't promises, just information that v5 is being developed without any time frame what by the way bothers me quite a lot. :mad:

Equally, we don't need more accusations, rattles, whines etc. We all know from your posts that you're dissatisfied with AM and hence you moved over to Adguard. If you want a refund, please lodge it at Hurps.

Can we agree please that AM is a closed chapter for you?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  13. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

12 days of discussion or is that to short a time for you?

14. pegas

pegas Registered Member

That's right. Jeff come on!

15. pegas

pegas Registered Member

16. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

The discussion was finished quickly.

the video is being made.

patience is a virtue.

17. clubhouse1

Marvellous economy on explanations, I notice the relevant thread concerning it was closed on your forum, must be frustrating you can't do the same here....Still the truth will have to surface at some point.

18. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

I have no idea what you are talking about.

the video will be done soon enough. ;p

19. clubhouse1

20. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

21. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

As noted on their forum, a video was promised nearly 5 months ago. But just in the last 2 weeks Jeff promised to talk to Hurps, and get a video out. In that same time frame, Adguard has gone through 5 beta versions, 2 RC versions, and a new release, with a patch after release, and work started on 6.0..

Barring a fake photo-shopped or mockup video, I guarantee in another month we'll still be asking about a video.

22. g4v1n

g4v1n Registered Member

I ditched AM a year ago, for me it was pretty much useless because the lack of https support. I've heard and read about this v5 around 5 years now, that's way too long time to wait for a new version. (and yet there's no single evidence of it)

I think their website is very misleading and it's utter ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ to say it isn't a advertisement and to justify all the misleading information by saying it was created before IE11 etc. C'mon! o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  23. kupo

kupo Registered Member

It's not that hard to show a working alpha (even just pics). Version 5 is being developed for 5 yrs and still no proof of its existence. They have some lazy developers over there I say. Just my opinion though.

24. XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC Registered Member

Hello to all useless bashing loving and not doing any good to anyone people!

I've been a loyal customer of AdMuncher since 2007.
    Back then there were not so many ad blockers, I had tried Adsgone for a while and couple that I don't remember, and along the years as I like to keep tabs on all software out there, I've tried a few ad blocking software and I can tell you this by great comfort that AdMuncher has always been much better than any other options, by ad blocking features, by memory usage, etc..

While it might not have the most up-to-date "touch friendly" "eye candy" GUI, it is very sufficient. I create my own filters and replace text filters, and shift+right click has been very useful and helpful in a lot of cases. Never needed to use ad blocking on https websites.. so what if it doesn't support gzip yet...I have never seen an issue on any website that uses gzip whether it is a forum, portal or whatever..

I do not know why people get stuck on details like it doesn't list how many ads it blocked, or that they cannot check the number of this and that. You guys simply do not know how to use the product. AdMuncher shows enough information in filtered triggered options, in shift+right click menu, and in about menu. It blocked 999,999 items, it blocked XXX trackers, is more than enough information for me and I'm sure for many people.

Yes, as many other loyal users of AdMuncher, one day I was shocked that I started seeing pop-ups and ads after I installed IE11. But I've always trusted the capability of AdMuncher, Jeff and Murray and I still do!
    On daily basis I use Chrome & Opera. For some plugins that those don't quite support (or I don't like the way they do), or that I sometimes find it easier to open IE (usually because I've too many tabs open on Opera/Chrome) I seldom use IE. Yes no IE11 support, go back to IE10! like you all can detect the difference between IE10 & IE11. or go with alternative browser....

You guys are like babies and I do not understand why Jeff keeps on responding to you people out there who do nothing but nag, and say I was promised a better candy, I will continue to cry and make a mess of things all over the internet because I am a cry baby.

As Jeff and the website clearly states, there is a 30-day trial. Move along if you don't like it. This software does not have spyware/bloatware so it'll not cripple your precious system if you install/uninstall it.

Whatever you do, just stop harassing Jeff/Murray/Ad Muncher! Move along!

25. clubhouse1

Well that's certainly told those customers of Ad Muncher whats what:D......No right to complain it is then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.