Ad Muncher 50% off

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Seeker, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

lol. of course.

JS is needed. :)

With Ad Muncher you don't need to disable JS, let Ad Muncher handle popups and interstitials and other nasties.

give it a try.

The toolbar is compatible with ANY modern browser.

Opera is my default browser and has been since v5.x

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

That is why I have been using Opera for years, too...javascript control.

Now, how do I reverse... to javascript on by default...seriously!...for the browser in general. :doubt:

3. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

F12

enable javascript.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

LOL.. I knew that, but just forgot...That is what happens when you get older.;)

So, I will log out and close the browser, and see what happens when I reload the browser. Be back soon. ;)

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Still, not working...:eek: Perhaps, I should give up.

ScreenShot_AdMuncher_no toolbar_04.jpg

6. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

Use the popup test page above to test.

it will work if javascript is enabled and AM is filtering that page.

so that means for now, no https.

also disable your custom filter list in Ad Muncher as a temporary measure in case you've added custom filters.

with default Ad Muncher settings, and JS enabled in your browser the toolbar will work.

are you holding down the CTRL key and then executing a right click?

Also, fire up an IE page or another browser for a quick test.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am doing everything posssible, except I have to make those adjustments in custom settings in AdMuncher as you advise. Also, how do know if I have default settings or not?

ScreenShot_AdMuncher_no toolbar_05.jpg

ScreenShot_AdMuncher_no toolbar_06.jpg

ScreenShot_AdMuncher_no toolbar_07.jpg

8. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

Come to the IRC chat room and I can help you live.

don't wanna fill up this thread with tech support.

you can use the built in IRC client via the Contact tab in Ad Muncher or you can join our channel with your favorite IRC client.

Server: irc.efnet.org
    Channel: #AdMuncher

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am just preparing a meal, I should be free in half an hour... if that is OK.

10. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

absolutely.

I'm working on the filter list so I'm not going anywhere. :)

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I just logged in...

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am back after our chat. As you can see it works with CNN but, not Yahoo!7.

ScreenShot_AdMuncher_no toolbar_08.jpg

ScreenShot_AdMuncher_no toolbar_09.jpg

13. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

15. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

That page page is CPU intensive... the toolbar waits till the page loads before activating.

press ESC and try then.

I'll look into this but I think that page is just poorly written and it slows everything down.

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

No change.

17. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

I'll look in to it. :)

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

OK...Thanks. I see you later.:)

19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Is there a free version planned for the future.?

20. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I wish I could run Opera.. It's just too slow.

Even with excessive tweaking, running the entire thing on a ram-disk, it's still way slower then optimized Canary Browser. (or any derivative)

Not sure why people still run Opera. :rolleyes:

21. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I was told that Opera has really poor security but the person who told me that has been wrong about a lot of things. Not heard of canary, going to investigate it.

22. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Canary is referring to the (here I go again, Bodhitree :D ) "Alpha" channel of Chrome (unless a new browser has shown up on the market I'm not aware of). As to Opera, it does have very poor security, if you're worried about getting hacked through your browser, which is less likely lately, and you don't have things like HTTP scanning in place. If you're running, say, Norton DNS, MBAM Pro and an AV with a halfway decent HTTP scanner, the likelihood of getting an actual infection drops pretty low in my opinion. I've not found recent Opera versions to be slow as much as simply buggy and causing issues with certain websites. The other problem is Opera currently still suffers limitations in how well extensions can work, like Chrome at first did. Ad-blocking to name just one. Why do people still run it? Well, there's always going to be the regional thing. It's very popular in Northern/Eastern Europe and always has been, and, like others who have grown attached, these regions are just used to using it. It's also extremely popular with the hacking community, meaning they themselves often use it. You can consider that as good or bad as you wish. It's also probably the most configurable browser out there. If something can be tweaked, it probably can in Opera. Last but not least, "slow" is more often than not a personal issue. Some folks, and that's fine, can only see numbers and charts.

As to Ad Muncher, I have doubts there will be a free version, and I'd be afraid of its limitations compared to paid.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  23. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Actually I switched from Chromium to Canary, then to Chrome-DevM. The reason is, Chrome DevM has auto update, and is slightly behind in versions, yet well enough ahead of Chrome proper. Which basically means you get exploit fixes quite a long time before they reach Chrome proper. It's also - for some reason - faster than Chrome proper, but slower than Canary. So I suspect they use performance switches in Canary/Chromium, and start to dial them down as it goes down the dev channels.

Opera I agree; one of the limitations is extensions, for example HTTPS-Everywhere can't work on it, because Opera requires a reload of HTTPS pages when switching from HTTP. So every page you hit loads HTTP then RELOADS HTTPS from scratch, it's a really hideous limitation. Speed wise, even running optimized, HW acceleration, and in RamDisk Opera is still very slow. Opera also has page-load errors with quite a lot of websites.

I wouldn't be surprised if Opera closed down, they already took Fastmail to a paid server, which is remarkable since nobody would pay for a free-like email, would they?

24. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

I use Opera because it thinks the way I do.

I don't have to fight it as much as other browsers to get work done.

I owe a whole lot to Opera since without it Ad Muncher would most likely not exist in it's current condition.

One thing I absolutely have to have is my tabs on the bottom.

That's only possible with firefox and opera, which are the two browsers I use the most. Opera first and then firefox when I need firebug.

I'm just so damn efficient when browsing with Opera I can get a lot of work done while enjoying it at the same time.

25. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

You'd be surprised what people would pay for these days. Opera shutting down, well, it's not the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. They certainly aren't helping their own cause as I'm beginning to believe that sometime in the past they sent their marketing department to the unemployment line. I wouldn't want them to go out of business as the last thing we need is a Google or IE limitation in choice (which is where I strongly believe we're heading). I'd actually use Opera if it weren't for the extension limitations and the website issue. I mean, it's so bad that ABP can't even get their button and options to work under Opera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.