Ad-aware false positive

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Vietnam Vet, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

On the wilders.org download page, there is a note about Ad-aware flagging a false positive on DLExpert 0.99. Wondering if anyone could give any details about this issue, as I am currently receiving such a warning with the newest version(6.181) of Ad-aware. So far ahulett has not been able to reproduce this. He has been testing on WIN 2000(I am on 98SE) up to now, but is now aware which version of windows I am using.

From the Ad-aware log:

Transponder Object recognized!
    Type : RegKey
    Data :
    Category : Data Miner
    Comment : ({A6927151-F5B4-11D4-AE7A-00D00925CF52})
    Rootkey : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    Object : dlexpertclick

Ad-aware does not like the reg entry, but does not alert on the iehelper.dll or anything else in the DLExpert folder. Disabling the bho with BHO Demon stops the alert even though the reg entry remains in place.

Anyway, after seeing the aforementioned note, thought maybe someone could offer a little insight; it would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

In the meantime, scanning with the latest reffile from 7/27, alert is no longer produced.

All's well that ends well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.