Ad-Aware Checker Problem

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Pierre Webb, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pierre Webb

Pierre Webb Guest

DL'd Ad-Aware Checker - sounded like a good idea. But everytime I run it it asks me to select the Ad-Aware main application and gives me a window to select the folder and program name. It never seems to save this
    setting. VERY annoying.

Does any one else find this happens? Any fix?

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Pierre - Welcome to the forum!

I'm moving your question to the 'Official FileChecker Forum' where javacool (Ad-Aware Checkers' author) can have a look at it.

Good luck! Pete

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I never coded a "save setting" feature into Ad-Aware Checker.

FileChecker has that ability, and more. If you would like that convenient feature, you can always download FileChecker from: www.wilderssecurity.com/filechecker.html.

You may then simply add the ad-aware.exe program and the reflist file to the FileChecker watch-list. It will perform the same function as Ad-Aware in this regard (but, as mentioned before, saves your watch-list + has an optional "checksumming" feature which takes tampering detection to a MUCH higher level).

Hope this helps.  :)

-javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.