Ad-aware 6 .....

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KP1972, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KP1972

KP1972 Registered Member

What is your opinion of Ad-Aware 6? It seems like all of a sudden I have been deluged with Spyware. A friend recommended Ad-aware 6 and it seems that each time I run it there are more and more "additions".....also what the heck is "ebates"?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey KP,

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate Forum.

As for my opinion of Adaware ?....it is just one of the many layers of security I use or recommend to others to use in protecting against unwanted malware.

Since there is no one software package that can protect us totally....one must take into account the OS, Browser type, surfing habits....etc and tighten their Internet Security accordingly.

If you don't mind....give us an idea of what Security software your presently using and also explain what you mean by more "additions"..... Please.

BTW....the link in my sig has some very useful info concerning how to help secure ones browsing.

3. KP1972

KP1972 Registered Member

Thanks for moving me!! :)
    What I mean, is that it appears the same "stuff" keeps appearing and then new ones show up. Like Second Thoughts Does Ad-aware block or prevent spyware or just show what is attaching itself. I get really aggravated when I go to add/remove programs things like "PGate Basic" and "Websavings from Ebates" show up and I can't delete them.

4. Alvin19691

Alvin19691 Guest

If you don't use ad- watch you will get all your previous deleted ad-ware

5. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Ad Aware will only detect and delete spyware on your comuter, therefore whenever you visit certain websites or download certain programs spyware will re-infect your computer.
    To prevent spyware from loading, i would recommend a combination of spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster and spywareguard along with a regular scan with adaware to catch anything that the 3 other programs may have missed.
    They are all free and can be easily found with a quick search on google.

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

These days I think it's best to get those applications from the "free tools" list here at www.wilders.org - There are a lot of "rogue anti-spyware" people using google and deceptive URLs (and other such techniques) to get people to download their garbage instead of the fine applications mentioned previously in this thread!

7. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

So true, you only have to Google or look at Download.com. Even the reviews give false information. :'( Twice did I make the mistake to buy a rogue anti-spyware, not anymore.
    Want to know more about it, link in my sig. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.