Ad-Aware 5.81 @ Refupdate 2.01 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bluefinger, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefinger

Bluefinger Registered Member

download link: www.lavasoft.nu

Success,
    Bluefinger.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I had AdAwarePlus 5.8 and it worked fine. I then did a complete uninstall and cleaning of the registry. I then proceeded to DL the new file and install it. I did the install with no other apps running. I then updated the reflist using RefUpdater 2.01 and ran AdAware. It ran with no problem.

However upon reboot, when my other apps are running(virus, trojan, firewall, etc.), I get an error. During the memory scan I get the following error "Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0047D294 in Modul 'ad-aware.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 00000002."

I have done three complete uninstalls/reinstallations (also reDL'ed the setup file), but the same problem remains.

Is anyone else having this problem and/or what can I do to resolve this (as I do not even know what the error message means).

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Kent

3. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Do you have listed in your Add\Remove Programs, Web3000, Gator, Netsonic ? Any of these? If so uninstall them.
    Do a search for files on your computer for w3k*.tmp
    If any are found, delete them as they are unneeded temp files.

4. puff-m-d

Mike,

I have none of the programs you mentioned and when I did a search for w3k*.tmp, nothing was found.  I went ahead and did a search for all *.tmp files and deleted them.  But sadly, I still have the same problem during memory scan.

I guess I should go to the lavasoft forum and check out if anyone there is having the same problem.

Regards,
    Kent

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

German....Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0047D294 in Modul 'ad-aware.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 00000002

English translation....Access injury with address 0047D294 in module ' ad-aware.exe '. Reading from address 00000002

6. puff-m-d

Hello all,

GOOD NEWS !!!!  There has been a fix to my problem (at least temporarily).  If you go to Configuration - Additional Options and uncheck "Include additional file information", the problem is solved.  By the Lavasoft board, several others are having the problem also.

Now this fix generates another question from me, what does the "Include additional file information" option do and should disabling it cause any concern?

Hopefully, the next release will include a fix for this problem.

Regards,
    Kent

7. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

That's an old problem and I should have thought of it along with the other. If there's too much information to be read from the files it's scanning, it will just freeze like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.