activex and javascript problem ??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by geo_g73, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geo_g73

geo_g73 Registered Member

Hi there I am on xp SP2 , a few months back I found I was having trouble viewing sites that I visited in the past , i get a message saying that activex and javascript are not enabled and the site wont load ?? i never changed anything so what could be wrong ? i have avast antivirus but i regularly used symantec free online virus scanner but over the past few months it wont load because like i said before , activex and javascript are not enabled to view this site ..... they have a help link to show you how to rectify this , tools>internet options>cumstom tab and to prompt or enable a few tasks , which i did but its still the same , i have an email addy in excite.com that i use once in a while (its not my main addy but i'd love to gian access to it) but im being prevented because of activex

if anyone has any advice or assistance it would be most welcome !!

cheers

geo.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

The first thing that I would look at is your security settings for IE. The simplest way is to reset them back to the default settings.

Tools - Internet Options... - Security - Default Level

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.