Active X-TRUE

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by zappa, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zappa

zappa Registered Member

Bear with me here.  I have a program Faber Toys installed.  One of the many detailed items it describes is "Active X, True or False".   There is one dll that is always True in all runnng programs,  remote procedure call dll or rpcrt4.dll.  

Then I found in my Win32User32 Core component something called WinOldAppHackoMatic.  I did a find file search and could not locate it anywhere.

Questions:
    1) Should these setings be at true?

2) Is the WinOldAppHackoMatic a normal Windows98SE entry?

3) Could Faber Toys, for those familiar with it, give one a heads up as to security issues within the PC?

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Smells.

3. zappa

zappa Registered Member

WinnOldAppHackoMatic.  The answer is yes it is valid content in W98.   Nice choice of a name.    

4. Checkout

Just a question, more an idle thought - are Faber anything to do with Mattel?  If my memory hasn't collapsed under the weight of vodka-marinaded brain cells, weren't Mattel caught doing naughty things against people's privacy some while ago?  I could be wrong, and no slander or libel or anything else intended here.

5. zappa

zappa Registered Member

LOL, Checkout.  Not sure exactly what you were asking but this particular program, Faber Toys, is written by a Fabio Vescavelli.  www.faberbox.com

I know the hula hoop while spinning around one's waist would garner all imbedded measurements and call home so Wham-O could fully understand the size of individual most like to hula.  

I believe Mattel was stopped cold when Ken and Barbie were caught red handed mailing the home office demographic info about each household.    

6. Checkout

Wasn't Ken jailed for Injection Moulding?  :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.