Active Virus Shield: What's In It For AOL?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DaveD, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcan

malcan Registered Member

TMZ is owned by AOL and I think the website also uses AOL Video Player to play video clips.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, of course you do not want any more arguments because you cannot back your claims..............thats why.

Just to enlighten you a little bit although i'm sure it's a lost cause, both ZA/Checkpoint & AOL has bought a service from Kaspersky (like a lot of other companies have), the only difference is that AOL is giving it away for free, so how does this become "I consider that Kaspersky is insulting Check Points and ZA ISS users"?

3. Ghost_ARCHER

Ghost_ARCHER Registered Member

I think both AOL and KA get a chance for advertisement at lower price.

Kaspersky shows us how good is their product to the freeware user who sticks to avast, avg and so on through AOL by offerring the old and simplified version to them for release. And AOL pays no effort on developing and get the credit.
    Moreover, the license is one year. If their cooperation is still on, AOL might release a simplified KAV 2007, but more likely, the offer of avs will be ended by AOL's security center powered by mcafee.
    http://daol.aol.com/safetycenter

anyway, avs is pretty good, I think if I need to buy a antivirus, I will first consider kaspersky.

4. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

The AOL Safety and Security Center has been out for a couple of years now. It's extremely bloated just like other McAfee (home) products. The nice thing about AOL AVS is that even if you've been using it for 4 months you can go request a new key, deactivate your old one, and now you get another year of protection. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.