Active mode and livestream

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by De Hollander, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Livestream radio only works if I deselect IE7 from Active Mode. This happens on different configurations (vista/xp) and EAV 3.0.669.0. Any thoughts. Something changed with EAV o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That is why it is called Active Mode . From what you write I suspect Livestream is a flash-based online radio , you can expect such things to work with Active Mode because of the permanent data flow that is supposed to be scanned.

3. De Hollander

In the past when I tested a early v3, I had no problems with active mode :thumb:
    Since then I moved on to another vendor, but tonight I decided to test the latest version on two machines, and notice it. That's why I'm asking.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Do you mind saying which "Livestream radio" ?

I'm assuming XM radio is livestream and with IE7 active mode selected or de-selected, streaming seems not to be affected :doubt:

5. De Hollander

No, off course not Bubba

http://www.nederland.fm/

Some of them work, and they use WM, but the ones that uses Flash do not.

If I go to the corresponding website's and try to listen from there, I get the same results, WM works, but Flash not.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Active mode is not suitable for streaming media at all as players require continual data flow to play the media.

In Active mode, the whole file is downloaded first by ESS/EAV, subsequently scanned for threats and then passed to the application that has attempted to download it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.