Activating WinXPproSP2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ErikAlbert, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

BTW What would happen when you don't have an internet connection, just because you are not interested in internet and you install winXPproSP2 and winXPproSP2 starts asking for activation o_O

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In this case Windows will try to activate by using the modem (if available) to dial a number and automatically activate.

If that is not possible then Windows will compel you to call Microsoft.

3. ErikAlbert

There is no modem, because the user doesn't want an internet connection.
    A phonecall? I hope that phonecall is a local call in Belgium.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

It usually is not a local call. In my country the phone call tries several things:

1)There are two call centres, one with a toll free number and one with a paid number. Both of them are outside my city, but are still in the same country where I live.

2)If you contact them via phone (any call centre, toll-free or paid), it tries the following things:

- If it is working hours, then a representative will pick up the phone and guide you.
    - If it is non-working hours, then an automated process with recorded messages will start up.
    - If the automated service does not work, then the Call centre tries to re-route your call to another centre, which can be in the country or outside it. The last time I tried, I was re-routed to Denmark and the phone bill showed it pretty nicely. :(

5. ErikAlbert

I sincerely hope, I never have to do this. M$ better stops with this activation. Nevertheless thanks for the info Firecat. :)

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Wow, Firecat, that's great detailed info on an issue I never got into. Interesting, nonetheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.