Activate Quick Reply?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

How do you activate Quick Reply? Also, what is the "go advanced" button? If I click on it I get the standard reply box.

If I try to activate Quick Reply, I get the standard reply box with the text quoted from the post I had clicked on in order to reply.

Quick Reply doesn't work. At least I can't see how to get it to work.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

To use quick reply just click on the picture of the page file. see screenie

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you don,t wan't the quote make sure the box in quick reply is unchecked

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Right, that quick reply button is on every post so that you can control which one you are actually replying to, and if you hit the checkmark for quoting, you'll get that specific post's contents quoted when your reply is posted.

"Go Advanced" is used if you are working in the quick reply box and decide you need to do more than is easily done there... When you hit that it transfers you to a full reply page with the contents you already entered in the quick reply box moved into the new window.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

No, if I click on that picture of the page file, I get the main reply box. There is no way to get the quick reply for me. As you know, I use Firefox. I don't know if this is specific to Firefox 0.8 official release or not. I haven't tried in Mozilla and I don't use IE and would remove it if I could.

I have a lot of Firefox issues at this site and at the earlier Wilders site so this may be one also. Anyone else with Firefox with this problem? Particularly with TBE? Although I'm not sure TBE would have any effect on this.

It's like this software works properly about a third to one-half of the time on Firefox. I guess I am lucky that Justin writes his own code over at dslr and he finally switched to Firefox and so everything now there is written with Firefox in mind instead of IE.

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

I get the Quick Reply box when I click on the picture of the page icon with Opera 7.23, so this may be a problem just with the Firefox browser?

snap

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

No, it is the OS or more accurately the OS plus Firefox. I am currently on my W98SEbox and it has Firefox 0.8. I am typing this in a quick reply box on Firefox. So, this appears to be an XP Pro SP1a problem. I have tabbedbrowser extensions here also. In fact, all extensions are the same on Firefox on both boxes. So, I don't think this has anything to do with TBE. It's XP!!

BTW, the quick reply is neat. I already used it over on the NOD32 forum. I'll try it some more on the XP box. Maybe it was fluke and will work if I try some more. I'll see if works in Mozilla too.

Maybe this is a plot" to get me to be sure and use the W98SE box for this site since I love the greys that I see on this box at this site rather than those too vibrant blues I see on the XP box. :D

8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

ahhh...that might be it, Mele. Firefox and XP-Pro sp1. I'm on XP-Home sp1 with Opera 7.23 and IE6sp1 and it works fine here (the quick reply feature). I don't use the Quick reply too often, but I do like the option to have it there though. :D

I am still not sure about 'vibrant blues' though...I'm seeing soft blues mostly (close to what I would call mauve colour code #F3F4FE) and then the deeper dark blue (reminds me of dark wedgewood) outlining the top of each section. But then my monitor is a CRT. :D

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I've gotten Quick Reply to work on Mozilla 1.6. I watched really carefully and I saw Quick Reply load for just a moment and then the screen flipped to the regular reply box. I tried again. Same thing. Probably what happened on Firefox but it was so fast I probably blinked during that second that it held on the Quick Reply screen before moving to the regular one and so I never actually saw the quick reply at all.

Anyhow, on the third try, I madly began clicking the mouse in the Quick Reply box the moment I saw it and that movement somehow, I guess, kept the box on the screen! So, I am using it now on Mozilla on XP Pro. I hope this will work on Firefox also.

Well...I think the gremlins decided I needed something to do so they messed with quick reply for a bit. It works fine now on Firefox. Go figure.

10. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Xp Pro SP1 w/all updates

FireFox0.8

Quick Reply.

21 tabs open.

Plot. Pete

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

The only thing I couldn't do was add a screenshot from Quick Reply (which stands to reason). Pete

Attached Files:

12. Nick

Nick Registered Member

Works for me on Win ME and Firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.