acropdf.dll question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fly, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

What does acropdf.dll (Adobe PDF Reader, I think it's called an add-on) do ?

It seems I have it currently enabled. I vaguely recall that I disabled an Acrobat add-on, possibly for security reasons. Perhaps I have inadvertently enabled it by 'cleaning' my computer. (cleaning=removing browser history and such) What are the consequences of enabling/disabling it ?

My installation of Adobe's Acrobat Reader is not standard, I have removed it from the startup list by using Hijackthis. (I'm a minimalist :) )

I have a Windows XP Home Edition system.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

According to a Google search, reading the below info and looking at the properties of the file, it is required for "PDF Browser Control"

Configure Internet Explorer or AOL to display PDF files (Acrobat 7.0, Acrobat 3D, Adobe Reader 7.0 on Windows)

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Required ?

I have been able to open PDF documents with my browser (IE 7) with the add-on disabled ! Without problems.

I don't even HAVE the other ActiveX/add-ons, at least, I can't locate them in my browser !

I have the latest version of the Acrobat Reader and the Flash player.

Acrobat Reader: 8.something.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just going by what I read from Adobe :eek:
    :thumb: If you have proved them wrong....cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.