Acronis Workstation w/ Universal Restore - Boot CD Not recognizing Optiplex 745 NIC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lacinda, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lacinda

lacinda Registered Member

I am using Acronis TrueImage Workstation with Universal Restore, Windows version 9.1, build 3718.

My backups are stored on a network share. I am unable to restore these backups to a Dell Optiplex 745, because the NIC card is not recognized when I boot from the boot cd (made with build 371:cool:.

We had some problem using Snap Deploy with these Optiplex 745 NIC's, which has since been resolved. Perhaps the same issue exists with the TrueImage Workstation boot cd?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that there is a new version of TrueImage Workstation (3887) and am trying that now.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lacinda,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that doesn't solve the problem either, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Boot the computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, remove the "quiet" parameter and wait for # prompt to appear;
    - Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    asamba dhcp -n > asa_dhcp.txt
    asamba masters > asa_mast.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt, asa_dhcp.txt, asa_mast.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the network card you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.