Acronis Workstation 9.1 3886 vs 3887

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by silver0066, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I just noticed the new upgrade on the update site. When I look at the properties of both the 3886 and 3887 files, both versions have the exact same number of bytes and both versions state that they are version 3886.

What is going on Acronis?

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Yeah I also want to know.

what is the difference between these two?

3. beznsarah

beznsarah Registered Member

They're the same, Acronis has not yet updated the download file. Hopefully they will do it soon as I need the new build as well.

4. jeremyotten

The same? why should they make a new build number when they are the same... doesn't maken sence...?

5. silver0066

Alot of things this company does do not make sense. They are very poorly managed. They seem to have no idea as to how the quality of customer service will reflect on their balance sheet.

6. jeremyotten

The date difference between 3886 and 3887 is 14 days! something should have changed in 2 weeks!

Acronis please confirm!

7. jeremyotten

They really aren't the same. Well apart from the UR version. Here are the file sizes:

UR 3886/3887: 7347 KB

Workstation 3886: 185480 KB
    Workstation 3887: 186182 KB

8. silver0066

I see where they have taken the build 3887 off of the site. You would think they would have the courtesy to post a notice on this forum.

I can't wait for someone else to come out with an imaging program with a Universal Restore feature. Even though I have the Notify Me if upgrades are available checked on the My Account page, I have never received a notification after 2 years of using this software. I am tired of beta testing Acronis software and putting up with their lack of interest in their customers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  9. jeremyotten

Yeah build 3887 is gone from the updates. Now its 3886 again. Hello acronis what is going on......o_O

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that at this moment the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation English version is 3886. Build 3887 is the latest build for the German and Russian versions of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

The build number 3887 was added to the English web site by mistake. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. jeremyotten

Well this is very strange because your support send me the links and I downloaded the english versions of 3887

please explain why this build isn't posted then....

12. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

I second what Jeremy said. Support send me the link also and am currently running 3887. It is in english. We've all seen buggy builds that Acronis officially releases but a retracted build?! I'M SCARED :eek: !!!

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten and everyone,

I was just informed by our Web Team that the build 3887 of the English version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation was indeed uploaded to the web site. It was done by mistake. Currently the correct build is available in updates (3886). We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have downloaded and installed that build, we would recommend that you uninstall it and install the build 3886 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. The reason is that this build of the English version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation was not tested completely.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

14. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Is it just me or did that last sentence make anyone else chuckle? :rolleyes:

15. FBMachines

You are not alone. :D

16. silver0066

Typical Acronis. They seem to have alot of incompentent people working there. At least the person quoted above was honest and posted the information. Can you imagine how many problems this little screw up cost many of their customers. 3887 was on the site for almost 2 weeks.

The software works great most of the time, but when it does not, it is very serious to the customer.

I really wish they would do something about their situation.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  17. jeremyotten

And yes people build 3887 is back on the website!

Acronis is it for real this time?

18. FBMachines

Lol! I thing Acronis has it's signals crossed again because 3887 is listed as the current build but when I download UR it is still build 3886. Get it together Acronis!

19. techtype

techtype Registered Member

Universal Restore is now 3887 also, but it sure would be nice to know what changed! For the love of god, Acronis, could you please provide decent changelogs? Even the smallest developers produce informative changelogs. You must have one already for internal use.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.