Acronis V10 Crash on Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fredra, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    I tried to search, however, I can't seem to find anything that deals with my problem. :'(
    OS-Vista 32 bit
    Acronis V10
    External Firewire drive (500G)
    I have used V10 to do image AND file backups on Vista, prior to SP1. Made sure that I can see the backup(s) with the bootable CD, but did not actually do a restore. :doubt:
    After SP1 install, I can still do an image backup, but I am unable to do a file backup to the external drive. o_O
    The True Image Monitor says it is working, but nothing is happening and after 3 hours I had to cancel the procedure as it appears to have crashed. :doubt:
    Do I need to UNinstall and do a REinstall?
    Is this a problem with V10?
    Can anyone provide an insight into this problem?
    Thanks
    Cheers :)

2. WineGuy

WineGuy Registered Member

freda,

I, too, have had a similar problem. Mine is with True Image Home v11 8.101 (not 10) and with Vista (with SP1) for a Data/File backup to an external drive. Perhaps if they are the same or simiar, it might accelerate a resolution...

I am just trying to make a relatively large new full 'My Data' backup, from my normal internal HDDs to a USB connected external 1TB HDD. I follow the wizard along the "My Data" path for a 'new full backup' to an Acronis Backup Location that I have set up on the external HDD and things begin well. However, after about two hours (never stopping exactly on the same files or %, but roughly at just over 100MB being backed up), the system pops up C++ Runtime error windows (blank/empty) and True Image locks. When the C++ windows are closed, Vista says that it must stop the ATI program. True Image has stored a .TIB file, but all attempts to access the file yeilds a message that "An error occurred when opening the bacup archive. Cannot continue the operation due to either the backup is corrupted or..." The Event Log almost always has no error message noted (just stops after a "Create Full Backup..." informational message. II've tried some smaller 'Data' backups; they all complete correctly. A system image backup also completes successfully (roughly 150MB). I even used Vista Backup as a test (to assure no file corruption), and it completed successfully; and CHKDSK shows no errors.

I have reported the problem via a technical request, but have never had any response. I have also been trying to get help through this forum (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=214381). If this sounds like the same problem that you are having, let me know...

WineGuy

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi Wineguy
    Your situation seems to be an EXACT problem I am having. :mad:
    It seems that nobody except us is having this problem with Vista SP1. :doubt:
    I have two other partitions, so I ran a test.
    I did a "data file" backup of the other two partitions and it ran fine. I restored two files from that backup and the restore ran fine and restored the files.
    So I decided to do a "data file"backup of the "C" partition only, guess what, it stopped. :ouch:
    I am going to run some other tests and report back ... maybe I will just send you the results of the tests I run, if they work. Seeing that all the ACRONIS experts don't seem to have this problem. :doubt:
    I just checked the URL, given in Wineguys response, and I am appalled.
    Based on those findings, I can't backup LARGE files unless I turn off compression. IMHO, that is just a dumb workaround, you maight as well use "copy", also that suggestion does not work for me.
    I now give up.
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fredra,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that the problem with compressed backing up large amounts of files is specific to Acronis True Image 11 Home, and isn't present in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.