Acronis Update-Server is down

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by joschi4, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joschi4

joschi4 Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm using True Image Home 2009.
    It tried to download the last update using the origin setup file from acronis.

When I press the button for checking for updates, it signalize me there is an update available for downloading. Then I press the button for download. I receive everytime the same error message (I tried many times/weeks):

Error in connection with the Update-Server!

Do you know why?

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Which server do you mean ? UK? , USA ? or another.

The UK site points to a server in the USA.

The USA server was down yesterday morning for a few hours.

But when I tried it later it was working and I downloaded ATI 2009 build 9796.

3. joschi4

I have no idea which server it is. I have not the possibility to choose.
    How did you downloaded it? Also through the setup file (exe.file) or through the wegpage?

4. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

The link is not working today, I just tried it and posted a thread about it.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=246909

Looking at my web browser I go to Acronis in the UK so I am using this link:

http://www.acronis.co.uk/

You may be using the international site which is :

http://www.acronis.com/

On the .com site I logon and it shows me as using "United Kingdom - English"
    Under Registered products & support I can see ATI 2009 build 9796 to download. But although this was working 3 days ago it is not today. The link on the UK site was to the Acronis server in the USA. You cant tell what server is being used at the moment as the link is down.

Build 9796 I downloaded on 27 June 2009 was a .exe file size 93,270KB
    Build 9796 I downloaded on 1 July 2009 was a .exe file size 93,272KB (NB This newer file is 2 KB larger)

Both were downloaded from a the USA site via the UK web site. The link on the UK site pointed to the USA site.

BUILD9796.JPG

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  5. joschi4

thanks this was the solution. I always though it's not possible to download from the homepage, I don't know, I read it somewhere.

thanks again

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Erm 8101 is TI 11 issued 3 July 2008.

You're a little behind (as Sid James might have said in Carry on Backing Up) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.